• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
He could have bowled Binny more. I don't get the whole hullabaloo about it not being his kind of pitch. You selected him, now deal with it. Make him bowl more, or give the ball to Kohli for a bit. The reason he likes Ishant so much is just because Ishant can bowl so many overs of **** without breaking down. Horrible way of thinking about your bowling unit really. Using your best bowlers in a few short bursts, interspersed with ****ty part time bowling is much better for the team. And this was with Jadeja holding the fort at one end.
\
yeah it used to piss me off how McCullum would piss around with Wagner (when he was ****), Anderson, Williamson and Sodhi, but then when Southee and Boult come back refreshed it generally works.

Binny absolutely should've bowled more overs in this test. I suppose part of the problem was the last-wicket partnership - you don't bowl your 5th bowler at the last wicket. Still though, he hadn't bowled much earlier in the innings.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah it used to piss me off how McCullum would piss around with Wagner (when he was ****), Anderson, Williamson and Sodhi, but then when Southee and Boult come back refreshed it generally works.

Binny absolutely should've bowled more overs in this test. I suppose part of the problem was the last-wicket partnership - you don't bowl your 5th bowler at the last wicket. Still though, he hadn't bowled much earlier in the innings.
When would you have bowled him?

End of Day 2 he got one over, which was understandable because the ball was just 15 overs old. The next day he was brought on after the frontline bowlers failed to get Ballance and Robson out which was towards the end of the first session. He bowled rubbish even though his last couple of overs were a bit more promising. Personally thought that was a good time to bring him on.

When we came back out after lunch England were collapsing to the 3 seamers and Dhoni understandably wanted to make use of the ball that was reversing as well as Ishant's customary one good spell for the match. Binny wasn't needed.

In the post tea session we wanted to get the remaining 3 wickets asap and since he knew if we got them all out by that session, there'd be a night and an entire Indian batting innings for the bowlers to rest, Binny wasn't needed again. Same thing the next morning. Admittedly he could've bowled Binny more here and there but Dhoni's decisions can be more or less justified imo.

Bowlers like Binny are useful when there's already a longish partnership and you need to rest some of your frontline bowlers so that they can come on later for a stronger spell, but bowling them when there are new batsmen at the crease and your regular bowlers are doing well or there's a chance for you to wrap up the innings quickly is not a smart move imo.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Delhi Daredevils wicket-keeper. Played many handy innings in the IPL at a quick pace. That's the extent of my knowledge, barring this Australia A series.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Jonathan Agnew ‏@Aggerscricket 15m
India makes undisclosed allegations against Anderson in incident with Jadeja at Trent Bridge.

Jonathan Agnew ‏@Aggerscricket 14m
So England make undisclosed complaint to ICC about Jadeja….don’t ask me

No really. Put your handbags away fellas. "he said something mean to me, so i said something mean back!"

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

How much longer till India find an excuse to threaten leaving the tour? Hope it turns into a an awesome melting pot of umpiring controversy +DRS debate+ on field confrontations +Gavaskar playing the race card+ another Shastri-Nasser quarrel.Might make up for the first test.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

England to take their lead from Liverpool and wear t shirts with Jimmy's picture on in training.

If he is guilty then he deserves a long ban. Be interesting if any footage of the alleged incident shows up.

Burgey

Anderson and Jadeja didn't bump chests, that's for sure.

Expecting Tendulkar to give evidence saying he didn't hear or see Jadeja do anything wrong.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha wait - the ECB lodged a complaint only after the the Indian team did so against their player? That's a very BCCI thing to do....

In any case, surely this would be on tape if there was a push?

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
They've been in a three way for all of five minutes and two of them already can't stand each other.

Who of Australia, England and India will file for divorce first?

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Some of the posters have already started to take a dig against India. Its not even clear who's at fault here. That's the case everywhere, even when it comes to the ICC members, people love to bitch about BCCI, when it comes to taking action, they do absolutely nothing.

Last edited: