• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well it wasn't a great match, all down to a horrifc pitch, which quite frankly needs sanctioning. Yet it had it's fun moments.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Good to see Bucky have a good all-round game. He needs to be firing from both barrels for the team's benefit, and his own. Twin fifties and five wickets for not too many, in an excessive workload of overs. India can safely bring back their proper spinner for the next four games.

Time to bring on Pankaj and Pandey for Lord's. Get your best bowlers in, folks!

England have one positive to take out of this game- they almost took 20 wickets. Both teams will struggle on flats.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, surprised it taken this long to get him in a squad. Doubt he'll play at Lord's anyway but sure he will before the end of the series.

Wonder how many days he will get in the Lancashire game?

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I will give up watching England play at home if we see more filth wickets like this this summer.

It's easy to blame the groundsman and I guess he should be accountable, but the whole system of test allocation in England puts immense financial pressure on the hosts leaving them desperate to milk the five days for all they can. Probably fairer to blame the system rather than the curator.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I will give up watching England play at home if we see more filth wickets like this this summer.

It's easy to blame the groundsman and I guess he should be accountable, but the whole system of test allocation in England puts immense financial pressure on the hosts leaving them desperate to milk the five days for all they can. Probably fairer to blame the system rather than the curator.
Why not blame both?

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Nevertheless, watching skipper Cook bowling was fun. Probably the only reason why this match should be remembered. Apart from Jimmy's knock.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The Kerrigan selection makes no sense. Playing 2 spinners - let alone 2 mediocre, unexperienced spinners - in a home series against India should be completely out of the question.

Moeen is batting at 6, and has more than done his job as a part timer. Plunkett has performed. Stokes hasn't bowled poorly on a very, very flat pitch. But even if one of the seamers had bowled poorly, isn't Jordan in the squad for that reason? Kerrigan isn't a realistic chance of displacing any of these guys.