• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Saw Plunkett bowl at Lords against Middlesex and was quite impressed

England have picked him to do a job but have obviously forgotten to tell him to bowl at least a couple of balls in the batsman's half in the meantime

91Jmay

International Coach

England have picked him to do a job but have obviously forgotten to tell him to bowl at least a couple of balls in the batsman's half in the meantime
He did that for the entirety of his first spell and looked pretty good, but there is no point having him bowl short on this kind of pitch.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So what's the highest RR people think we should go after?

Ironically this is one situation a certain someone actually would have been very useful

greg

International Debutant

Feel a bit sorry for him to be honest. The short stuff is OK as a bit of a change for a short period when nothing is happening with a more traditional approach, but what he has been told to do (for long periods) all summer (on UNRESPONSIVE pitches, remember) is just ridiculous.

greg

International Debutant
I am a huge critic of Cook but I am pretty sure that his tactics don't involve the bowlers sending down ****
I don't know who was responsible for that last over if it wasn't Cook? You don't go round the wicket with that field if the Captain doesn't want you to try and bounce the batsmen with advance warning.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
So what's the highest RR people think we should go after?

Ironically this is one situation a certain someone actually would have been very useful
I've been working out the minimum we need here by assuming anything less than 220-230 in 40 overs is a do-able ODI chase for England. Subtracting the time for the change-over, there's 60 overs to go, so the next 10 overs are crucial.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Broad and Anderson on please, need to get wickets in the next 4 or 5 overs or this is done. If they don't get a wicket then they don't need to bowl for the rest of the day.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Binny being allowed to decide the result is definitely the most embarrassing part of the Test for both teams.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Is that the first time Moeen's bowled the Doosra? Didn't get the line right, but turned a bit. Not sure it was within the 15 though, looked like a heck of a lot of straightening.

91Jmay

International Coach
Those two put the result beyond doubt for India, but I really am not buying Jadeja as a test batsmen at any higher than 8. His bowling I think shows more promise than most do, but not the batting.

DingDong

State Captain
so where's the drs this series? i thought england was supposed to be one of the big 3.

it's more like the big 1 with england and australia hanging on to india's coattails. pathetic