• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
He really should be just given license whenever he is in the middle. He's utterly useless at building a "proper" innings.

*I don't care how people get runs. I know some people do though.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Turns out that counterattacking batting can actually score way more runs than the alternative. Who knew.

91Jmay

International Coach
Broad should just do Broad other than exceptional circumstances (like Headingley) but Root is much better playing like this as well. Looking for singles and putting away bad balls, he did it against Sri Lanka as well so hopefully its a new side of his game.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Broad's had a couple of dire years with the bat, hopefully this year he'll finally turn it around and start scoring some consistent lower order runs. We're a much better side with Broad contributing consistently at 8. We also need more of this positive intent in the batting line-up, to put bowling sides on the back foot. Not sure who to drop, but James Vince needs to come in.

Stapel

International Regular
A very good decision? Or a bit of a gamble that simply came out right? I was with Strauss here, and figured it pitched outside leg, watching it live.

viriya

International Captain
A very good decision? Or a bit of a gamble that simply came out right? I was with Strauss here, and figured it pitched outside leg, watching it live.
I think under the circumstances a very good decision.. He had already made one bad decision so the tendency would be to help the other team - but he stuck to his instincts as an umpire is supposed to do.. Not his fault that there is no DRS in this series.

Stapel

International Regular
Wasn't a reply to you mate just a comment on us having lost a wicket
I keep forgetting you're an England supporter ;) .

I think under the circumstances a very good decision.. He had already made one bad decision so the tendency would be to help the other team - but he stuck to his instincts as an umpire is supposed to do.. Not his fault that there is no DRS in this series.
TBH, I didn't have DRS in my mind at all when writing that down. Nobody would have complained if it hadn't been given. Anyway, a right decision is a good decision, I guess.