• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Blimey that's a poor decision.

I only started watching today, was confused as to why Vijay wasn't reviewing. I assumed they used them all up yesterday, totally forgot about India's primitive views on DRS.

ajdude

International Coach
i've changed my mind about jadeja, i like him. he has the potential to be the greatest troll of all time

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Why are people saying this? The first test was absolutely awful bar the final two sessions. Second test though, was genuinely great all the way through.
Kind of annoys me when **** tests have a great ending with a side batting for a draw. Makes people forget the rest was ****. I still here people tell me England's last series in NZ was great.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
If only there was a system to sort out crap umpiring decisions.
Predictable but fair.

Maybe the umpire had got bored and wanted to exercise his primary digit. Or maybe he just couldn't imagine the ball passing over the stumps on this track.

Either way, well done Anderson getting 3 on this.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Why are people saying this? The first test was absolutely awful bar the final two sessions. Second test though, was genuinely great all the way through.
Yeah that first test was dreadful. Only barely became interesting when Sangakkara got out.

Kind of annoys me when **** tests have a great ending with a side batting for a draw. Makes people forget the rest was ****. I still here people tell me England's last series in NZ was great.
That Eden Park test was good the whole way through. Agree about the others though.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sport does not have to be good all the way through to be great.

As it happens I don't think it was awful by any means on the first 4 days.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Frost's-interview-of-Nixon effect.

Spark

Global Moderator

Anyway, I concur that this pitch is awful. If Dhoni gets a hundred here, I hope cricinfo classify it as a hundred in Asia. Hardly even qualifies as overseas conditions.
You use awful the way I use strange

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sport does not have to be good all the way through to be great.

As it happens I don't think it was awful by any means on the first 4 days.
To each his own, I guess. But the first four days weren't really good to watch at all for me.

And Jadeja well on his way to the first of many test triples, here.

Last edited:

ajdude

International Coach
i've changed my mind about jadeja, i like him. he has the potential to be the greatest troll of all time
three troll acts already, bopping ali down the ground for six twice in an over, pointing the bat and staring down anderson. my idol

viriya

International Captain
I love it when bad umpiring decisions go against India.. The umpires should band together and fk them over repeatedly till their cricket board relents.. I so genuinely hope both kohli and pujara get out to absolutely shockers in the 2nd innings while Cook is given multiple lives on his way to an unwatchable 100...