• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't remember the last time I got to day 2 of a test and couldn't be bothered to watch it as I know it will be boring. I even sat through most of both 5-0 ashes gubbings all the way through. The pitches we are producing in England of late just don't give you anything exciting to watch.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Hard to blame Prior for that.......what do you expect when he's got to come up so close.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And right in the middle of this test comes the excellent article by Martin regaling us with tales of the great English pitches from 1947. Makes me sad :(

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Can't remember the last time I got to day 2 of a test and couldn't be bothered to watch it as I know it will be boring. I even sat through most of both 5-0 ashes gubbings all the way through. The pitches we are producing in England of late just don't give you anything exciting to watch.
I can only admire your willingness to watch the 5-0s.

But I'm with you. I just find England unwatchable nowadays. Those involved in the test game just seem intent on killing it off. Crap pitches, dullard captaincy and incompetence from too many of the participants.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
It isn't a great pitch but it's been so long since watching India play that I'm really enjoying it anyway.

Stapel

International Regular
Now that the WC is over (for me it is), I can return back to business as usual: Proper Test Cricket!

I haven't seen a single ball yesterday. Yet, it didn't take too much time to find out the pitch was really nice to bat on. So, how come only 259 runs were scored in the day?

Spark

Global Moderator
Now that the WC is over (for me it is), I can return back to business as usual: Proper Test Cricket!

I haven't seen a single ball yesterday. Yet, it didn't take too much time to find out the pitch was really nice to bat on. So, how come only 259 runs were scored in the day?
Hard to get out on =/= good to bat on

Pothas

Yeah this is the only day I can watch nearly all the play but already feel like I am watching it out of obligation.

We did have two great tests against Sri Lanka though.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year

It's not so much that this is a nice wicket to bat on.......more that it is a ****ing horrible one to bowl on.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Balls now 29 overs old, we got it reversing straight after lunch yesterday at 30 overs.

Lets hope it starts to go shortly.

harsh.ag

You have a match with Brazil coming up.

harsh.ag

The commentators keep comparing the stats of this match with the 2011 tour like it means something. Dumb****s.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We did have two great tests against Sri Lanka though.
Why are people saying this? The first test was absolutely awful bar the final two sessions. Second test though, was genuinely great all the way through.

Anyway, I concur that this pitch is awful. If Dhoni gets a hundred here, I hope cricinfo classify it as a hundred in Asia. Hardly even qualifies as overseas conditions.