• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My tix arrived today for old Trafford can't wait, didn't get to any Tests last year so it's been a while

Shri

Mr. Glass
Dhoni forcing Cook to think about field placements with his batting. Job half done as a batsman I suppose.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Bad pitch but excellent cricket from both sides. All the English wickets have come from really great fielding.

Amazing stuff from Vijay. Really enjoyed watching the day.

Dissector

International Debutant
Vijay now averages 48 since his return in 2013. It would be huge if he can become a decent opener for India over the next few years.

91Jmay

International Coach
Seemed like we bowled fairly well on a crap pitch (slow and boring, can't remember the last good one in England) and India applied themselves. Anything around 350 is going to be competitive as England might bat long but there is so much inexperience/out of nick in the top 7.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Remember when I said Vijay had the goods and would succeed when all you ****s were hating on him before the SA series?

It's the only good call I've ever made and you guys will never hear the end of it. Or at least as long as Vijay keeps this up.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Remember when I said Vijay had the goods and would succeed when all you ****s were hating on him before the SA series?

It's the only good call I've ever made and you guys will never hear the end of it. Or at least as long as Vijay keeps this up.
I was definitely backing Vijay pre Australia at home when he had no success to speak of and Cribb was heading the hate campaign.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gotta hand it to England. Get Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, and Dhawan out early and then get stuck with Vijay and Dhoni. Awesome feat.

Shri

Mr. Glass

Gtfo ****. Arjun calls for his head before every series and I always speak at him(he never responds whatever) and tell him/show him why and how he is so wrong.:p

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Satisfying score at the end of the day for both teams I guess. First hour tomorrow will be crucial as it always is. I woke up at 5.40 to watch India bat and the three overs I saw got rid of Pujara and Kohli. Promptly turned the stream off and went back to sleep.

Also well played Vijay! What a key player he has turned out to be in his second coming. And topping it off by going on to score a century! WAG! Hope he makes it a daddy century tomorrow.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Really dreading what will happen when we bowl on this pitch. As much as I like Bhuvi, he really needs to take wickets with the new ball consistently to hold his place considering his utter lack of versatility.

smash84

The Tiger King
I think India the day has honors even thanks to that partnership between Dhoni and VJ

Although currently it seems that the best bet for this match would be a draw

YorksLanka

International Debutant
I would agree that both teams will be happy at the end of day 1. Going rats to Vijay on what I believe is his first test ton outside India,played well . England did well to make inroads on what was a docile wicket in the first session that seemed to pick up a bit as the day went on..interested to see if India's bowlers have what it takes to bowl England out twice. Not sure myself but let's see...

Blocky

Banned
India missed a trick here though, their run rate dropped massively in the later stages of the day. They were in a great position to put 300 on the board, on Day 1.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
But MSD can pick up the scoring rate with ease so it shouldn't be a problem,.he can change a match with his kind of scoring...