• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I think we have a tendency on CW to overreact to individual sessions.
The ball might start reversing mid way through the next session and we might run through them and have them all out by stumps. Still wont change the fact that it is just not good to see such a dry, slow low wicket on day 1 of a test match in England.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol. Everything about English cricket is ****house right now.

Next time an England cricket fan wahhhs about subcontinent pitches I will rub this in their face.

Woeful pitch. Such a shame too because I love watching cricket at Trent Bridge on TV since I was there in 2011.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Called the reverse after Lunch. Catch at silly mid on of Anderson is pretty bad for the narrative though.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Late to the discussion but picking Jadeja over Ashwin in Tests (even if it's an away tour) screams of Dhoni's favortism.. Ashwin is clearly a better bowler and batsman, India need to persist with him so he learns to bowl better when there is no assistance in the pitch. Jadeja will never be that guy in Tests.
What are you on about? Did you not watch the last series India played?

Spark

Global Moderator
Called the reverse after Lunch. Catch at silly mid on of Anderson is pretty bad for the narrative though.
The narrative that Anderson sucks or the narrative that the pitch is a slow, low pudding? Because one of those is true and one most definitely is not.

What are you on about? Did you not watch the last series India played?
Ashwin's taken something like seven wickets outside India IIRC

Riggins

International Captain
yeah man. won't be able to watch anything until like 5.30 anyway but my twitter is @MartynSWA1984

on an entirely unrelated note though I only have apple products at my disposal so you may not be able to help with my problem
not sure whether the coverage is available on an ipad actually.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon that is very possible too, but lets face it.....this is a wicket you'd more commonly find in India than England. WTF are we doing presenting them with something like this??
Absolutely. Which is one reason why I think they'll outperform us on it. But yes, it's astonishing that we come up with these sort of strips.

Anyway, fabulous catch from Bell by all accounts, so let's see if that kick starts something.