• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
That's the only strategy as such i can think of to justify this. Or it's just the curator doing his own thing ?
Curators are trying to produce pitches which will last 5 days, the drainage systems at most grounds suck the moisture out of the pitches as well

Singh Is King

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Lol. Im just saying people are acting like this pitch will suddenly change for the worse when England bat. A pitch should never be fully judged until both teams have batted, 1 team can make it looks good or bad.
Apologise if i came across as trolling didnt make my point the way it sounded in my head

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Curators are trying to produce pitches which will last 5 days, the drainage systems at most grounds suck the moisture out of the pitches as well
Nasser was saying earlier how the curators he's spoken to don't agree with the drainage theory.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
the drainage systems at most grounds suck the moisture out of the pitches as well
The curator here has said that's bollocks and the water table at Trent Bridge is very high. You're right in what you said first, they are more interested in day 5 ticket sales than a decent Bat V's ball contest.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So what is the strategy behind this pitch ?

England are scared that Indian bowlers might fluke on a helpful pitch and sort of do a Sri Lanka ? So Maximising the difference in quality of the bowling attacks where England can take wickets on this surface especially if India bat like last time, and Indian bowlers cannot even if England's batsman lack confidence ?

That's the only strategy as such i can think of to justify this. Or it's just the curator doing his own thing ?
There have been a few article in the UK press recently outlining how new drainage systems are sucking the moisture out of wicket squares

Reckon that is a far more likely explanation than a curator intentionally producing a pitch like this

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol. Im just saying people are acting like this pitch will suddenly change for the worse when England bat.
Show us 1 post where anyone has said that or alluded to it??

Mate this is rubbish end of story. And if we do somehow bowl India out before day 3 it will be rubbish when you bowl on it too.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
@Singh: This is CW not Youtube we tend to be more informed as to subject matters we debate so you needn't worry about us being one eyed.

Singh Is King

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Still early yet, as an India fan I learn not to get carried away lol. With 5 bowlers selected this could easily change, however Jadeja looks like being fully pushed as a genuine all rounder.
Pujara batting is a great sight, so similar to Dravid

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
The curator here has said that's bollocks and the water table at Trent Bridge is very high. You're right in what you said first, they are more interested in day 5 ticket sales than a decent Bat V's ball contest.
Nasser was saying earlier how the curators he's spoken to don't agree with the drainage theory.
Ah I see, I was just recycling George Dobell there and haven't been watching so far, cheers

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah I see, I was just recycling George Dobell there and haven't been watching so far, cheers
Well it's a popular theory about the drainage but it's interesting that a few are now not subscribing to it.

Whatever the reason it is very disappointing.

Edit:

Agree with Nasser though, perfectly fine for us to be whingeing about it, but the England bowlers need to just accept it and get on with bowling the very best that they can. There had better not be any ****ing dropped catches though!!!

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Looking at the pitch in the first session makes me think we should have had two spinners (i.e. Ashwin ahead of Binny) for the last two days.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Lol. Im just saying people are acting like this pitch will suddenly change for the worse when England bat. A pitch should never be fully judged until both teams have batted, 1 team can make it looks good or bad.
Apologise if i came across as trolling didnt make my point the way it sounded in my head
No worries mate. My previous point about it looking different when England bat simply meant that I suspect India will bowl better than England on it and I don't have much faith in England's batting. Obviously I wasn't saying that the pitch itself would change over night.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
you on twitter?
yeah man. won't be able to watch anything until like 5.30 anyway but my twitter is @MartynSWA1984

on an entirely unrelated note though I only have apple products at my disposal so you may not be able to help with my problem

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
No worries mate. My previous point about it looking different when England bat simply meant that I suspect India will bowl better than England on it and I don't have much faith in England's batting. Obviously I wasn't saying that the pitch itself would change over night.
I reckon that is very possible too, but lets face it.....this is a wicket you'd more commonly find in India than England. WTF are we doing presenting them with something like this??

social

I think we have a tendency on CW to overreact to individual sessions.
Sure but unless there have been unseasonal weather conditions, it's still extremely disappointing to see the ball bounce twice before the keeper before lunch on the first day on any pitch in England, SA, NZ or Oz