• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

YorksLanka

International Debutant
good warm up win for India..didnt see the match but lookng at the scorecard, looks like kumar had a great second innings spell with the ball..

Kirkut

International Regular
If Bhuvaneshwar gets his speeds within 83-85 mph range consistently, he will be really effective.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone want to tell me why Yadav wasn't picked? In terms of pure potential he's better than any other Indian seamer.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
8. Jeetan Patel
9. Mohammad Sami
10. Dilhara Fernando
11. Ishant Sharma

Imagine the damage that attack would cause. Literally none.
You witnessed first-hand in NZ Ishant run through the NZ batting lineup :p

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
He still looked like he was bowling pies though. India lost the series; someone had to luck out and take wickets somewhere :ph34r:

My history isn't selective at all...

viriya

International Captain
Ishant will hit his prime in this series and start averaging 33 going forward. This will lower his overall average below 35, thus immortalizing him among the Indian fast-bowling hall-of-fame.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Hazare
Laxman
Engineer
Dev
Kumble
Random spinner
Sharma

I eagerly await the day

Daemon

Current quicks who could arguably make the Indian ATG side

Steyn
Morkel
Philander
Anderson
Broad
Southee
Boult
Johnson
Harris
Siddle
Pattinson
Roach
Junaid

I'm probably underrating Srinath, Khan and Nissar here but fmd this is pathetic.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Srinath/Dev/ Khan covers 3 pace bowlers. We need someone to replace him atm, not in a hypothetical atg side.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
8. Jeetan Patel
9. Mohammad Sami
10. Dilhara Fernando
11. Ishant Sharma

Imagine the damage that attack would cause. Literally none.
Excluding Ishant, this will actually be an unpredictable attack. Sami and Fernando can combine some awesome bowling with some equally horrible stuff. Ishant can give shock treatment to the opponents by picking a 5fer when people least expect it. Poor Jeets, if he were selected a bit late, he would had a decent record in the longer format.

Last edited:

viriya

International Captain
Going by what the Trent Bridge curator is saying, Anderson and Broad have their work cut out this series.. If India manage to target the other bowlers Cook will be forced to overbowl his premier quicks and tire them out.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
This tour comes down to how well the Indian bowlers adapt and bowl. I'm not really all that worried about our batting, it's not without its flaws, but I can't see this team getting bowled out for 300 and below across 8 innings (which is what happened in 2011), well 10 in this case.

Daemon

Flat pitches are the biggest hurdle for us to cross in order to get that elusive overseas victory, we just don't have the quality to take 20 wickets without assistance from the wicket.