• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I think it is clear that the Lankan attack really stepped it up a notch in the series and their pace attack all bowled above what we expect. The team as a whole were hungry for the win too and were looking to settle some scores.

It remains to be seen if India can lift like that. Of course England is vulnerable right now but I still think the Indian attack will have to play at a level above their norm to get a positive result out of the series. It will also come down to if they want it as much as Sri Lanka clearly did. 5 tests is going to suit England better than the 2 against SL.

I'm sitting on the fence right now as I can see this series going in any manner of ways.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
I agree , the Indian bowlers have to step up if they are to get a series victory otherwise it will just be a series where each sides batsmen score bagfulls and boring draws are seen- i really hope that isnt the case, as a neutral, i dont really care which side, but i would like to see an overall winner...

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, I think it is clear that the Lankan attack really stepped it up a notch in the series and their pace attack all bowled above what we expect. The team as a whole were hungry for the win too and were looking to settle some scores.

It remains to be seen if India can lift like that. Of course England is vulnerable right now but I still think the Indian attack will have to play at a level above their norm to get a positive result out of the series. It will also come down to if they want it as much as Sri Lanka clearly did. 5 tests is going to suit England better than the 2 against SL.

I'm sitting on the fence right now as I can see this series going in any manner of ways.
It won't if Anderson and Cook are bowled into the dirt.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
England have got to be thinking of either having some confidence in Mooen as a bowler or drafting a spinner into the line-up

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL, I knew what you meant.

I'm actually confident we wont see Cook bowling them in mammoth spells again. If there is an easy lesson for him to have learned from the Lankan series it's that if Ali is in the team he has to bowl.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
scott borthwick is quietly taking plenty of wickets up at durham...seems to go underthe radar tho..

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I'd like England too win, but boy oh mighty, can they recover from the horrendous mental scars they would have received over the past 8 months?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ok fair enough..but which english spinner is doing much better?
Just reading off the average list with people with more than 5 wickets: Batty, Cosker, Briggs, Riley, Dawson, Panesar, Ansari, Moeen, Wainwright, and many more in the second division, in the first Dockrell, Rashid, Samit Patel, Kerrigan, Middlebrook, plus others close. Do have to say that the Div 1 stuff is pretty poor, but I'd definitely rathr have the first 5 there than Borthwick.

Yet Moeen should keep his place next time around IMHO.

Whatever 5 at 73 is not a reason to pick anyone, and with all the bats contributing in the middle-order you can't really put him in the top 6.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I'd like England too win, but boy oh mighty, can they recover from the horrendous mental scars they would have received over the past 8 months?
But suddenly a new contender has emerged

[image]http://styleequation.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/1.-Ishant2.jpg[/image]

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Just reading off the average list with people with more than 5 wickets: Batty, Cosker, Briggs, Riley, Dawson, Panesar, Ansari, Moeen, Wainwright, and many more in the second division, in the first Dockrell, Rashid, Samit Patel, Kerrigan, Middlebrook, plus others close. Do have to say that the Div 1 stuff is pretty poor, but I'd definitely rathr have the first 5 there than Borthwick.

Yet Moeen should keep his place next time around IMHO.

Whatever 5 at 73 is not a reason to pick anyone, and with all the bats contributing in the middle-order you can't really put him in the top 6.
yeah true..my vote goes to Rashid then-not that i am at all biased:ph34r:
i cant see anything wrong that Ali did tbf , i just hope that he gets more of a bowl this time...

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah true..my vote goes to Rashid then-not that i am at all biased:ph34r:
i cant see anything wrong that Ali did tbf , i just hope that he gets more of a bowl this time...
Well, yes, Cook needs to trust him more, but at Trent Bridge I doubt it'll be an huge factor.