• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2014

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A grudging well done by the Blues. Just doubly depressing that QLD had that in the bag with 20 to go.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Congrats NSW, the streak had to end eventually. The injury to Tate was massive. I think Tate would have caught that pass from Hodges close to the line and possibly would have scored. I also think that Tate would have regathered that Taylor ball and the field position would have changed. Would have loved to have seen what would have happened if NSW had to do a goal line dropout after the ball touched Woods.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congrats NSW, the streak had to end eventually. The injury to Tate was massive. I think Tate would have caught that pass from Hodges close to the line and possibly would have scored. I also think that Tate would have regathered that Taylor ball and the field position would have changed. Would have loved to have seen what would have happened if NSW had to do a goal line dropout after the ball touched Woods.
Nah Hayne's tackle on Thaiday won it

10-0 with 20 (?) to go and NSW were done and dusted

social

Uuuurgh Gallen hardest working player

One thing I haven't missed is the NSW media bs

Gallen was ordinary tonight and stymied many Blues opportunities by playing as a centre

Burgey

That happened pretty close to where we were sitting and it was an enormous play. He's done that about five times this year.

Certainly not a great Origin but very tough. I got the I press ion both teams were a bit reluctant to try a lot given what was at stake.

The difference in NSW when Woods was on the field was massive. Kid is a player.

Got to give huge credit to QLD's effort. NSW missed a trick when Thurston was busted on the left wing and they went the other way. By the same token, fair effort from NSW to win with a bloke playing right centre who can't pass the ball.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

Yeah Hayne's tackle was massive. I was just talking about an injury that curtailed our chances as McQueen's performance could have been better.

Agree re: Gallen too. He is such an ordinary footballer to pass to in the attacking 20. I guess he's lucky he plays (although really plays lately) for a club who doesn't get the ball in the attacking area much.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Gallen and Bird took way too much ball in the 20, but it just goes to show how little faith they had in Reynolds. Thought he was particularly weak, but he'll never be dropped now. Hodkingson wasn't great either but at least kicked well and had some control over the game.

Feels great to win but geez that was a low game. So much niggle from both teams, though Qld upped the ante once it became clear they were going to lose.

Farah should have gotten MoM. Kicked really well and was immense in defense. Liked Dugan in the centres too despite getting very little in the way of ball.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Also well played Ryan Hoffman. I've always called him out for being ordinary but he had a massive game last night. Amongst our best.

Burgey

Gallen and Bird took way too much ball in the 20, but it just goes to show how little faith they had in Reynolds. Thought he was particularly weak, but he'll never be dropped now. Hodkingson wasn't great either but at least kicked well and had some control over the game.

Feels great to win but geez that was a low game. So much niggle from both teams, though Qld upped the ante once it became clear they were going to lose.

Farah should have gotten MoM. Kicked really well and was immense in defense. Liked Dugan in the centres too despite getting very little in the way of ball.
Yeah I noticed this at the game. Really thought Bird and Gallen demand too much of the ball, and as tough a player as Bird is, I actually thought his inclusion detracted from NSW's attack in a massive way. The halves were pretty poor tbh. They got away with it, but I don't think they offered a great deal at all.

social

Yeah I noticed this at the game. Really thought Bird and Gallen demand too much of the ball, and as tough a player as Bird is, I actually thought his inclusion detracted from NSW's attack in a massive way. The halves were pretty poor tbh. They got away with it, but I don't think they offered a great deal at all.
Pretty obvious statement but defence won it for NSW as Hayne aside, the attack didn't offer much so were never likely to run up a cricket score

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah that was a **** game really, especially after the first one. in a room of queenslanders myself and the other blue were actually not sure what to do when we'd won. terrible refereeing again, both ways.

the biggest disappointment is the farce that it has become with all the players really needing to get their stink on but not being able to due to not wanting to let their team down. the restraint all of them showed to not throw one was both enormous and ridiculous.

reynolds was terrible. all he contributed was some niggle. the tiny 10 metres combined with some poor attacking play meant hayne got bugger all ball and we really looked impotent for the majority of the match, fantastic that the blues finally broke the run.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Is there a suspension for getting sent off for throwing a punch? Hope there might be a few dust ups with nothing on the line in the last game, if not.

social

Gallen's comments about his coach are appalling

Man up soft **** and do what you are being paid for