• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in the West Indies 2014

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I agree. It was clear to me through watching in the vault that he was going to bowl reasonably accurately and get some drift and drop. I also suspected he'd get some turn on reasonably helpful wickets such as this one but that was speculative based on his action and release rather than on empirical evidence as there are no helpful wickets in the Plunket Shield.

Hard to get all that much from one over but got one shorter one to straighten and no side- or over-spin on any of the other deliveries really; hopefully he puts a bit more on it tomorrow when he's settled in more and the ball's a bit older.
Had assumed too from my quick peak at Craig in Kippax's videos that it was mostly drift and loop rather than spin - how else is an NZ spinner going to get by, really. All our spinners will need the turn from this pitch to speed up or become more uneven if they're going to be a threat anyway.

Still, it's ridiculous the amount of catches we put down in the slips. As good as Southee and Boult have been over the past two years New Zealand's slip cordon has really let them down big time over and over again. Drop city.
Guess we've known for quite a while we have a slip catching problem. Taylor is pretty good and McCullum is about average by international standards. Southee not bad though obv can't slip to himself and there's always a slight injury concern. Missing Guptill and to a lesser extent Brownlie by not making the grade with the bat. Ironically Fulton's apparent slip catching ability was the only thing separating him and Rutherford in my mind when thinking about selection for this test.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Well where do i start? brilliant early on and Kane finally got what he deserved tbh because he was very lucky against Benn on the first day. Taylor then got done by some dip and Mccullum was rash as usual...so we were right on target to get NZ out for around 350...but this is cricket, and when the quicks aren't getting anything out of the pitch and your spinners are bowling one good ball every two or three overs then you're gonna have players like Neesham ton up, well done to him.
Benn and the rest of the Windies bowlers got what they deserved. They were mercilessly pushed all round their home ground by the same players who tormented them in the NZ summer.

NZ just about had 4 CENTURIES in the innings! :laugh:

You're lucky the BC's didn't put the foot down and go for 600.

You guys were rubbish. We were very good.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Can we please not post like Bun and some Indian fans did when they were number 1 in the world. New Zealanders are modest. That goes as a preemptive post towards anything that Blocky may say tonight as well.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Benn and the rest of the Windies bowlers got what they deserved. They were mercilessly pushed all round their home ground by the same players who tormented them in the NZ summer.

NZ put up similar scores in Bangladesh aswell....

ohnoitsyou

International Regular

Thought you were blocky until hurricane quoted you

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Well where do i start? brilliant early on and Kane finally got what he deserved tbh because he was very lucky against Benn on the first day. Taylor then got done by some dip and Mccullum was rash as usual...
And I'm guessing Powell deserved to be dropped in the slips, right?

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Powell has been in rubbish form for a while so he better make good use of that dropped catch..otherwise Kraigg will be stepping in. The roller will be on the pitch now so hopefully from our point of view the track flattens a little more...and LOL i can see people trying to jinx Chanders i see :D ...yes i'd expect him to do ok but again this is cricket...he could end up getting a duck and then Darren rescues us again, you just never know.
Not the very same powell you've been talking up as a massive upcoming talent for weeks?

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
NZ put up similar scores in Bangladesh aswell....
It's called living in the present bro.

Could the BC's be demoralised at the end of day 3 as the WI's are after 2 days being battered around the field? Yeah of course. But until that happens, you guys were put to the sword buddy.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I'm struggling to think how anyone could believe that Williamson was "lucky" against Benn. One or two balls past the outside edge doesn't mean Benn had anything over him.
Williamson completely dominated that whole attack barring one decent spell from Roach this morning. Particularly the spinners. He basically set his own field.

If anything, Benn was extremely lucky to get Williamson's wicket. A momentary lapse in concentration.

McCullum and Fulton were the only ones who got out to good bowling.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
It's called living in the present bro.

Could the BC's be demoralised at the end of day 3 as the WI's are after 2 days being battered around the field? Yeah of course. But until that happens, you guys were put to the sword buddy.
Enjoy counting those chickens pal...i'd rather wait until our innings is over before rushing to judgement.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I'm struggling to think how anyone could believe that Williamson was "lucky" against Benn. One or two balls past the outside edge doesn't mean Benn had anything over him.
Williamson completely dominated that whole attack barring one decent spell from Roach this morning. Particularly the spinners. He basically set his own field.

If anything, Benn was extremely lucky to get Williamson's wicket. A momentary lapse in concentration.

McCullum and Fulton were the only ones who got out to good bowling.
The lad was all over the place yesterday and barely survived that early spell from Benn imo. I think Benn bowling him was sweet justice in the end...Kane had problems reading Benn's arm ball and this time he payed for it after people were talking about "double hundred". But hey ho that's cricket.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Enjoy counting those chickens pal...i'd rather wait until our innings is over before rushing to judgement.
I don't think you know what counting chickens means pal.

If I was 'counting my chickens' I'd be preempting the final outcome. Based on what I said (which I've quoted for you), I'm clearly not counting my chickens but living in the present!

"Could the BC's be demoralised at the end of day 3 as the WI's are after 2 days being battered around the field? Yeah of course. But until that happens, you guys were put to the sword buddy."

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The lad was all over the place yesterday and barely survived that early spell from Benn imo. I think Benn bowling him was sweet justice in the end...Kane had problems reading Benn's arm ball and this time he payed for it after people were talking about "double hundred". But hey ho that's cricket.
Yeah, sweet justice to be bowled after scoring a century.

BTW, Williamson vs Benn?
44 runs, 7 boundaries.

All over the place.

lol.