• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in the West Indies 2014

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Latham having a very tough time against this young left-arm quick i'm seeing for the first time named Gavon Brown...lad looks impressive.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Gavon and Odean Brown, eh.

NZ's top 4 really letting its colours burst, and it's bursting brown.

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Well i feel like a prophet because i did say the young lefty was impressing and there he goes and bowls Watling with a yorker...43/3 now and the wickets came just before the covers have had to come on for a rain delay.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
The young man Gavon Brown strikes again and Latham has gone for 33...honestly where has this kid come from? can't believe he hasn't played first class cricket yet...looks a real find this one :D .

And bloody hell he should have had Sodhi there aswell...the keeper dropped one.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The young man Gavon Brown strikes again and Latham has gone for 33...honestly where has this kid come from? can't believe he hasn't played first class cricket yet...looks a real find this one :D .

And bloody hell he should have had Sodhi there aswell...the keeper dropped one.
Wow, another potential ATG you've spotted!

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I have honestly never heard of Gavon Brown. Where the hell has he come from? Good stuff.

Bet New Zealand bowl that Jamaica side out for 12 though. Batting looks awful.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ declare at 112/6.

Should be quite a good Sodhi vs. Craig battle, I saw good bounce and bat-pad chances. Hopefully I don't record Boult ripping through youngsters who aren't up to it, before it gets to that.

Last edited:

Meridio

International Regular
Anyone have a link to a scorecard? Cricinfo doesn't have one up yet, neither does blackcaps.co.nz

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
NZ declare at 104/6.

Should be quite a good Sodhi vs. Craig battle, I saw good bounce and bat-pad chances. Hopefully I don't record Boult ripping through youngsters who aren't up to it, before it gets to that.
I'm afraid that's what I'm predicting anyway. Though Shacoya Thomas was one of the best opening batsman in the region this season so it will be interesting to see how he does against a class opening attack.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone have a link to a scorecard? Cricinfo doesn't have one up yet, neither does blackcaps.co.nz
Nah there's just tweets.

@westindies

#JAMvNZL: Buchanan 11-4-24-1, Powell 11-4-21-1, G. Brown 11-7-15-2, O. Brown 10-1-34-1, R. Lewis 10-0-14-1

#JAMvNZL: OUT – Fulton 0, Rutherford 13, Latham 33, Watling 7, Neesham 0, Ronchi 21

#JAMvNZL: TEA – NZL 1st Inns 112-6 (51 ov) Sodhi 23*, Craig 11* [NZL won the toss]

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I'm afraid that's what I'm predicting anyway. Though Shacoya Thomas was one of the best opening batsman in the region this season so it will be interesting to see how he does against a class opening attack.
Yeah this is a good test for Thomas...he done the business without doubt for CCC so if he can get at least a half century here then that will bode well for him...he should be opening with Kraigg for the A-team after the season he had imo...anyway this is the team from what i understand

Thomas
Jon Ross Campbell (played a few games for Jam last season)
Kenner Lewis (meant to be very aggressive, big hitter)
King (played for the wi u19s at the world cup...meant to be decent)
Palmer (think i remember him playing for CCC but not sure)
Gayle (no not that one!!..this one is a youngster)
Thomas (keeper..meant to be handy with the bar)
Ramaal Lewis
Odean Brown
G Brown
Buchanan
Powell

Yeah not the best top order they could have put out...i mean where is John Campbell? guess he plays the next game..

Not really bothered if NZ blast them out or not...just good to see youngsters like Gavon Brown and 17 year old Ramaal Lewis do well.