• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
(Gillespie) Probably is a chance and not undeserving considering the wickets he's taken in the latter part of this season - plus looked like he was bowling a bit quicker on some of the highlights. We're touring WI in May/June though i.e. ages away, so would expect Henry, Bennett etc to be fit and I'd generally prefer to see one of them unless they're considered too much of an injury risk.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Was Worker always an opening batsman? I wonder to who out of Latham or the Black Caps or Canterbury decided to shoo him into that slot. If Worker was a makeshift it may have been out of necessity, but otherwise it's pretty good of Worker and the Canterbury set-up to give Latham that spot.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Let's go with Macewell and Latham. You can never have enough wicketkeepers.
Would love this, but to be honest:
a) I'm not sure that Michael Bracewell is yet ready and
b) Windies conditions (barring Narine) are the exact place I'd expect Rutherford to make runs.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Let's go with Macewell and Latham. You can never have enough wicketkeepers.
Good point. Remember when John Wright selected Kruger Van Wyk to open - I think it was a warmup game.

KVW
Latham
Williamson
Taylor
McCullum
Ronchi
Watling
(bowlers)

Reserve bat: M Bracewell

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
It's been 3 full years since M Bracewell opened the batting.
He opened in his first season, only 3 matches. Since then he's been an ever present at number 3.

28 of his 31 FC games have been at 3.

I was curious to if last season he would be promoted to open when Rutherford made the test team but they drafted in D Broom.

And this year it's been N Broom promoted or R Duffy brought in.

I'm happy that Bracewell has a steady spot and this year is finally achieving. But wonder if he is missing a bit of a trick here.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing that Latham couldn't get his 300, but still a magnificent season for him. To get so close to 1000 runs in just 13 innings is pretty incredible.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Volts a real chance of losing this here.
Yeah Neesham stumped off Sodhi. Considering the runs scored this match it's hard to think the pitch is dreadful - nerves and maybe even some good bowling. Otago still have NcCullum, De Boorder and Wagner so should still be able to knock off 36... you'd think.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Yeah Neesham stumped off Sodhi. Considering the runs scored this match it's hard to think the pitch is dreadful - nerves and maybe even some good bowling. Otago still have NcCullum, De Boorder and Wagner so should still be able to knock off 36... you'd think.
Clearly Otago don't enjoy niggly 4th innings chases in the last match of a PS season. Should've won it all last year but for a collapse against Wellington in a similar situation.