• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just got home having not seen a ball all day. Couple of questions;

1) Is 192 a decent score considering the pitch conditions?
2) Were NZ terrible or were India just really good or was it just a really really difficult wicket?
3) Is the pitch still looking as good for bowling or has it flattened out?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

2) Were NZ terrible or were India just really good or was it just a really really difficult wicket?
No they're at least 60 runs short.

The pitch was very difficult in the first session, and India bowled very very well. But Rutherford and McCullum in particular did not sell their wickets dearly, and we missed out after lunch.

The pitch is really starting to flatten out, and I think 300+ will be par for India's 1st innings. New Zealand are in huge trouble.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular

I would say 220 would have been par. We batted poorly, they bowled well and the pitch was a bit of minefield

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Wagner's length is too short to take advantage of these conditions. He bowled well last game but I think Neesham is more likely to be effective here.

Daemon

Not sure why commentators keep going on forever about Zaheer's pace. When he had success he was bowling at similar speeds.

He's just become wayward and doesn't have anywhere close to the control that he used to.

Zinzan

I would say 220 would have been par. We batted poorly, they bowled well and the pitch was a bit of minefield
Haha, so our worst nightmare came true then aye :p. Call me cynical, but I was totally resigned to the fact Dhoni would win the toss again and it would start green and flatten out. Crucial toss. In the few overs I've seen, Indian batsmen look pretty comfortable and Boult has not been accurate at all. Bugger.