• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Meridio

International Regular
It's going to sound like hindsight, but I really, really don't know why we didn't enforce the follow on. We hadn't bowled many overs today, the ball was moving around, we had an enormous lead, India appeared mentally shot - if that's not the time to enforce the follow on, when is? Bearing in mind we've done it twice this summer.

Woodster

International Captain
It could so easily be India going at lunch with their second innings score at 15/4, especially the way Southee and Boult have bowled in this Test so far. Instead the Indian side walk off to lunch smiling and joking between themselves, which in fairness doesn't tell the whole story as they are still some way behind in this game, but psychologically they are in a much better state than they were half an hour ago. NZ have caught the Indian batsmen's sloppiness disease.

Athlai

Not Terrible
right, first target - get to 100 to make a lead of 400. that's a tough chase.
Yeah I mean purely from the score at hand we're still very much ahead but we need to actually get some momentum back here.

While that can be done purely with the ball it would be far far far more preferable for a 50-100 run partnership to give the Indians something more to think about than how to chase this down.

Woodster

International Captain
On that last dismissal, fantastic from Jadeja, crazy taking him on for a tight second, but full credit to Ishant also for not only getting to the stumps but taking that half volley return from Jadeja really well.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I reckon we may actually see an opener or both of them dropped in Wellington.

Not sure how I feel about it.

Hope it's Guppy coming in.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still a long way back, but New Zealand should be embarrassed with how they've played in this mini-session.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Guptill and Latham is probably a legitimate possibility now.

I think the most likely we'll see is one opener staying and one coming in.
Fulton and Rutherford are both unbackable now but at least Fulton's a reasonable second slip. Rutherford is a poor fielder and has had an awful test.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Fulton and Latham imo - Raval hasn't done enough and it's too early to go back to Guptill - I more see him as a potential like-for-like replacement for Fulton in 12-18 months if (when) no one else has performed domestically. Though Rutherford will hopefully have also improved after 18 months back in domestix.