• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Woodster

International Captain
And before then he was ripping Sri Lanka and India apart over there with genuine swing too.
I see what you mean, but he's got the ball to swing in both Sri Lanka and India. If he can find it there I doubt he'll have problems elsewhere.
Yeah, he's been impressive in all conditions, I don't know why people get the idea that he's only good in NZ. The other thing about all three of the bowlers we have, is that they're all reverse swing merchants so playing in abrasive conditions actually suit them too.
I don't doubt he had a couple of decent Tests in the sub-continent too, and I wasn't suggesting he can only perform well in swing-friendly conditions. If he maintains this form for the next 12 months continuing to swing the ball or at least be effective in all conditions then maybe then he can be talked of in the same bracket as the Steyn's and the Anderson's (not Corey). I'm a fan of Southee no doubt about it and I've been hugely impressed by his continued development and hope this form does continue.

Woodster

International Captain
Commentators are a bit clueless. Khan has batted like this in tests for years now, regardless of the situation
Yes I agree. I understand what Smith is saying, Jadeja's no mug down the other end and you don't want the others just throwing their wicket away, but then put in someone like Ishant Sharma who can at least looked reasonably organised in defence and dig in. Zaheer looks all at sea when he defends just as much as when he attacks so he may aswell try and get a few runs and go on the attack.