• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Which is mightily impressive in itself, but there will surely come a time when his form just leaves him for a while and his wrist is for some reason not getting in the position it seemed to do so consistently and the ball's just not going for him. Of course his last nine Tests or so have been played in either New Zealand or England and they're two pretty good places to ply your trade as a swing bowler.
I see what you mean, but he's got the ball to swing in both Sri Lanka and India. If he can find it there I doubt he'll have problems elsewhere.

Blocky

Banned
And before then he was ripping Sri Lanka and India apart over there with genuine swing too.
Yeah, he's been impressive in all conditions, I don't know why people get the idea that he's only good in NZ. The other thing about all three of the bowlers we have, is that they're all reverse swing merchants so playing in abrasive conditions actually suit them too.

Blocky

Banned
I hope we've learnt our lesson and don't enforce the follow on, give our bowlers the day off overnight, grind the Indians down some more in the field and don't repeat the same mistakes against England.

Blocky

Banned
dhoni in tests away from asia is a walking wicket tbf
Yeah, but he's generally the guy in this situation that sticks out a tough 70 odd and gets his side past the follow on mark. Dismissing him gives us a great chance of getting them under 200.

Flem274*

123/5
can't let them get 200 for mental reasons

i reckon we should have a bat for a session or two. freshen the boys up. pitch looks pretty good for batting so don't want the boys bowling for potentially 3 days

Blocky

Banned
can't let them get 200 for mental reasons

i reckon we should have a bat for a session or two. freshen the boys up. pitch looks pretty good for batting so don't want the boys bowling for potentially 3 days
Agree. Especially considering we've put a tonne of overs into Boult and Southee already. Get them out before lunch, bat through today and maybe half a session tomorrow - gives us 5 and a half sessions to get rid of India with fresh bowlers and a no hope situation for India.

Blocky

Banned
India are just playing flat track bully style batting - I don't know why Smith is surprised. They've lost their guys with experience and knowledge of the conditions (i.e Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman) in the last couple of years and for whatever reason don't have Ghambir on tour. In India, you can play those flourishing off drives without fear.