• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kippax <3

India actually managed to hold on to some pretty good catches surprisingly.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
**** me. We are stuck with Ishant for the next 10 years.
I've come around to making my peace with the realisation that it'll take Dhoni retiring from Test cricket to get rid of Ishant. Ishant probably gives Dhoni relaxing massages at the end of days play every day just to ensure he's fit and fine to play Test cricket as long as possible. #unhappyending

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Really enjoyed watching this day's play and looking forward to Day 3!Firstly it was the ideal opening session for NZ in terms of not allowing the game to standstill and keep it moving forward, going at around six an over in the morning session just propelled them forward at a good rate. McCullum continued batting sensibly, mixing the big hits with good sensible cricket. Anderson seems the perfect type of batsman coming in at six in that situation, willing to play his shots and take the bowlers on, while McCullum also got decent support from Southee and Sodhi in terms of getting on with things.

With the ball I thought Southee was outstanding, especially so in his spell. Boult was none too shabby either and Sodhi showed enough in his six overs to suggest he could be a real handful in both innings. I must really question a couple of the Indian dismissals in terms of the scrambled thinking, especially from Dhawan and Pujara, both falling in the first over. Dhawan had already seen Boult shape a couple away from him then on the third occasion he tried to work it far too square against the swinging new ball and no surprise it ended up in the very good hands of Kane Williamson at gully. Pujara also took leave of his senses and just threw his hands at a wide full delivery slanted across him, you've surely got to give the bowlers those early battles and bide your time. I'm sure the same delivery 10 overs later could well have disappeared to the boundary but Pujara didn't give himself the chance.

I thought Rohit batted really well and took the chance to express himself whenever he was given a bit of width or the chance to drive. A classy batsman to watch, India are going to need plenty more from him on day three. Looking forward to it.

Mixmasterreece

U19 Debutant
And that should be the end of both.

Has there ever been a thicker blackcap than Doug?
i.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/9698643/Doug-Bracewell-Jesse-Ryder-back-in-trouble

BeeGee

International Captain
And that should be the end of both.

Has there ever been a thicker blackcap than Doug?
i.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/9698643/Doug-Bracewell-Jesse-Ryder-back-in-trouble
I can't wait till NZC announce that Ryder is on his last chance.

Again.

Drop them both and bring in Latham and Henry, imo.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For crying out loud:

"Bracewell's immediate future with the New Zealand team is under a cloud as team management investigate how he suffered a broken bone in his foot some time between Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning."

Seriously?

Flem274*

123/5
for a bloke who should be looking over his shoulder in his domestic team when it's at full strength, let alone the test squad, this is a pretty dumb thing for Dougeh to do. also when you look at how hard henry, mitch, bennett, milne, wheeler, small etc have worked to come back from injury and stay fit you gotta wonder how they look upon a bloke who doesn't take nz selection seriously and gets injured at parties.

ryder is a lot safer in that respect. easily the best middle order batsman outside the team.

Howsie

International Captain
for a bloke who should be looking over his shoulder in his domestic team when it's at full strength, let alone the test squad, this is a pretty dumb thing for Dougeh to do. also when you look at how hard henry, mitch, bennett, milne, wheeler, small etc have worked to come back from injury and stay fit you gotta wonder how they look upon a bloke who doesn't take nz selection seriously and gets injured at parties.

ryder is a lot safer in that respect. easily the best middle order batsman outside the team.
Bracewell would probably make the CD team as a batsmen tbf

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
can a Aucklander update us on the weather in the city of sails plox.
Rained really heavily last night, but has not rained since I got up around 7am this morning. Bit of wind and plenty of cloud in the sky but it is starting to break up.