• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ross Taylor just keeps on getting better lately

Before he was captain (pre2010-2011)
Tests: 2221 @ 41.12
ODI: 2613 @ 35.79

While he was captain (approx 2010-2011)
Tests: 1047 @ 49.85
ODI: 795 @ 46.76

Since he was captain (01 Dec 2011):
Tests: 866 @ 72.16
ODI: 818 @ 48.11

We need to put Taylor under even more pressure. Someone to hold Martin Guptill hostage at gun point during the Test series IMO.
Ok, but for godsakes make certain that Blocky isn't the one holding the trigger.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But India's quicks have always sucked except for Kapil and, for about three years, Zaheer.

I think India fans just need to accept it will always be a **** away side apart from the odd accident of history when they have a decent seamer every, say, 30 years or so.

OverratedSanity

The logic is that their pace bowlers suck.

Its pretty clear that any complaining about the spinners/batting is just a way to brush the real problem under the carpet, its obvious where India fails and its not in the batting or spin bowling departments.
Some like me are just resigned to the fact that we won't ever have a good pace attack. Honestly though, if we get yadav in and he improves on his early promise, I can see an ok attack.

Burgey

Some like me are just resigned to the fact that we won't ever have a good pace attack. Honestly though, if we get yadav in and he improves on his early promise, I can see an ok attack.
Nostrils looks decent tbh. But I dunno if I'd waste him in ODIs. The last thing you want him doing is altering that full, attacking length he bowls which makes him a potentially good test bowler.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I don't see any reason not to be positive about India's attack. Southee was pasted for 4 years before he came good. Although I suppose he made his debut as an 18yo. Bhuvneshwar, Shami and Yadav have shown plenty of talent.

Flem274*

123/5
Shami and Yadav have it. Bhuvi bowls along the wicket, isn't tall, isn't fast and isn't extremely accurate. He can swing it both ways, but what do you do with him after the new ball wears off?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Getting pretty tired of the India supporters buggering off the moment it looks like their team is going to lose.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Mark Watson going on a giant rant re: Anderson resting on how cricketers have no conditioning and should take up triathlon to see what a real sport is.

And some old codger rung up with the scoop that Fulton and Rutherford won't be playing the first test. No reason given. Just knew it as fact. Despite the squad already been announced.

Great to see talkback radio hasn't changed.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah meant at the stadium. 3 times in a row now that the crowd has shrunk by about a third going into the closing stages.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Shami and Yadav have it. Bhuvi bowls along the wicket, isn't tall, isn't fast and isn't extremely accurate. He can swing it both ways, but what do you do with him after the new ball wears off?
Good post.

I really like the look of Shami, at least in tests, and Yadav has the tools (yes yes I know that isn't enough but its a start).

Bhuv is like a ****ter version of Praveen Kumar.