• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Williamson's shots all look so mercilessly efficient. I don't think I've ever seen a New Zealand batsman with such a strong all round game.

Blocky

Banned
Williamson's shots all look so mercilessly efficient. I don't think I've ever seen a New Zealand batsman with such a strong all round game.
Yeah, he's definitely growing every single season. I still question his technique under good pace bowling as he has a tendency to play inside out, but if the other team doesn't have an attack capable of sustaining 140 at him, he'll score runs more often than not. He's constantly looking for gaps, puts the bad balls away and has a great cricketing brain.

Blocky

Banned
Cumming can't count

51 dots.

14 against Kumar, 6 against Shami, 6 again Aaron, 12 against Jadeja, 9 against Ashwin, 4 against Raina

Blocky

Banned
Guptill has a chance to play for the team here, they're in a position where he's set, they're in overs where they'd naturally start to boost the run rate and they have deep batting troughs.

I somehow get the feeling he'll either chip out weakly now, rather than go after it - or even worse, get himself into the 90s and completely choke and take 20-30 balls to get 10 runs.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The Baron is offering up some serious pies here. Not sure if he's that much of an improvement over Sharma.

Athlai

Not Terrible
For all the digs at Blocky, Guptill has to capitalise now.
Definitely needs to start chancing his arm now, the hard work is done and NZ are exactly where we want to be to get 300+

If he comes off we could be looking at 350.