• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Don't think he crossed any line. But its just ****ing dumb. Particularly considering Australia haven't accomplished **** yet.

He still is and forever will be a flog. Can bat every now and then though, that's for sure.
It's like before the series when he came out and said that the series over here this summer showed we were scared of them. You what mate?

But he's backing it up for now.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't think he crossed any line. But its just ****ing dumb. Particularly considering Australia haven't accomplished **** yet.

He still is and forever will be a flog. Can bat every now and then though, that's for sure.
If this was the win that sealed the ashes series win then it is a fair comment but seeing as though it is only the first match then it is a bit dopey. Then again look who said it, he is dopey.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sweep on the margin of victory:

500+ runs
400-499 runs
300-399 runs
200-299 runs
100-199 runs
80-99 runs
60-79 runs
40-59 runs
20-39 runs
1-19 runs
Tie
8 wickets - GIMH
7 wickets
6 wickets
5 wickets
4 wickets
3 wickets
2 wickets
1 wicket
Draw

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
500+ runs
400-499 runs
300-399 runs - Cabinet
200-299 runs
100-199 runs
80-99 runs
60-79 runs
40-59 runs
20-39 runs
1-19 runs
Tie
8 wickets - GIMH
7 wickets
6 wickets
5 wickets
4 wickets
3 wickets
2 wickets
1 wicket
Draw

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricket needs more players willing to talk in things other than "oh, we showed good character out there today bland bland wanky bollocks"

So good on Warner for actually saying what he's thinking and showing some ****ing personality. Long may it continue.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That Trott dismissal was woeful, how long till Bell is at 3 and and Stokes at 6? I personally wouldn't go with Stokes but if they keep targetting Swann then our seamers need an extra bit of help.
Had an awful feeling earlier that this is what England are going to end up doing, it is the sort of thing that England would do in the past and it would end really badly.

Thought nothing of it at the time but it really is a shame that Ballance had such a bad time of it in the tour matches.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Cricket needs more players willing to talk in things other than "oh, we showed good character out there today bland bland wanky bollocks"

So good on Warner for actually saying what he's thinking and showing some ****ing personality. Long may it continue.
Depends if you want your cricketers saying whatever the **** they want, or doing what is the right thing by the team I guess.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Had an awful feeling earlier that this is what England are going to end up doing, it is the sort of thing that England would do in the past and it would end really badly.

Thought nothing of it at the time but it really is a shame that Ballance had such a bad time of it in the tour matches.
Yeah, every run Root got milked for made me think more and more that they'd be tempted to bring Stokes in. Especially as not all the Batsman are firing.

Doubt he'd get many runs at Perth, and will probably confound things by banging everything half way down and getting smashed.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
500+ runs
400-499 runs
300-399 runs - Cabinet
200-299 runs
100-199 runs - AN
80-99 runs
60-79 runs
40-59 runs
20-39 runs
1-19 runs
Tie
8 wickets - GIMH
7 wickets
6 wickets
5 wickets
4 wickets
3 wickets
2 wickets
1 wicket
Draw

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I think we will be 180 all out sometime after tea. Will be really negative and dour whilst losing wickets. Horror test match, just have to rebound for the 2nd. Tremlett has to go, guy is no threat. Rankin for me.
Yeah, who'd have thought that Tremlett wouldn't be a threat based on his figures post-injury? Apparently everyone apart from our selectors afaics.

No idea whether Rankin will be an improvement. Or Finn come to that. But given what we've seen from Anderson for all but one of the last 5 and a half ashes matches, we seem to be relying on Broad to bowl them out on this tour, which may be a tad optimistic.

I know we've started series badly before, and we're kind of banking on some sort of Lazerene revival hereafter, but the fact is we don't usually do that. Not in UAE, or at home to SA, or away to NZ. India was the big exception. And, I suppose SL as well. Barring Johnson and Harris standing on stray balls before each of the next few tests, we're looking pretty much ****ed.

More than the results, which will probably continue to be abject, the worst aspect of all this is FiveLive's habit of finding the most ignorantly obnoxious crim to interview in the midst of it all. Yesterday it was some bloke from the local rag. Today it was some duffer who implied that Warner's ton was some sort of justice for being wronged by Joe Root in the English summer. I know from CW that they're not all like that, but this series looks like heading somewhere near the gutter in more ways than one.

And my only observation about our batting is has there ever been a more appropriately named batter than Trott, given that you can almost smell the brown stuff from your front room when he's facing Johnson?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
500+ runs
400-499 runs
300-399 runs - Cabinet
200-299 runs - morgieb
100-199 runs - AN
80-99 runs
60-79 runs
40-59 runs
20-39 runs
1-19 runs
Tie
8 wickets - GIMH
7 wickets
6 wickets
5 wickets
4 wickets
3 wickets
2 wickets
1 wicket
Draw

Spark

Global Moderator
I think some of the talk completely absolving the bowlers all responsibility is a bit lax IMO. Certainly they can't take the blame for what happened post-lunch when Warner and Clarke teed off, but before lunch they really had us pinned down and could have applied a real squeeze, but they (+ Cook) let both Warner and Clarke get way too many easy singles and get the partnership cracking. I mean, we were going <2RPO for the session before Clarke came in and about 5RPO afterwards, mostly through singles.