• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
So, if Australia loses this series 4-0 and gets beaten relatively easily in the Ashes will Clarke's captaincy be under threat ?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some of the smack talk about Micky Arthur has been ****ing horrible.
So people are allowed to say whatever they like about Watto but the guy that is responsible for one of the most ludicrous decisions in the the history of Australian sport is sacred?

Makes sense

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So people are allowed to say whatever they like about Watto but the guy that is responsible for one of the most ludicrous decisions in the the history of Australian sport is sacred?

Makes sense
Yep good reasoning, don't blame the person who didn't do what he was supposed to.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Th thing that strikes me as really odd about the ex-players' moaning is that in this case, the management was actually trying to leave something to the players, and four of them couldn't manage it. If you're someone who thinks coaches should just be booking the team bus, wouldn't you welcome the players being asked to come up with their own solutions? No, apparantly now that's "bureaucracy".

But I guess if people wanna bang their drum they'll grab a stick from anywhere

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep good reasoning, don't blame the person who didn't do what he was supposed to.
Name one person that has said that the players shouldnt have spent 2 minutes of their life on this exercise

Whilst you are doing that, I could just as easily come up with a list of 50 qualified people that believe the penalty is totally disproportionate to the crime

ganeshran

International Debutant
England did the same thing with KP, lost the match and the series. Got him back in again and won a test series in India after 28 years.

Every sport is going to have mercurial characters who have a problem with authority. Not condoning it, but personally I'd rather see such players who are star performers rather than great team players who are otherwise average performers.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Pattinson is the only one who *could* go on to be that important for Australia as KP is to Eng. Already is, actually.

Leaving aside the homework nazis for a moment, I find it pretty ridiculous how the management has deflected all criticism off the shoddy selection policy in effect on this tour. From a job-saving perspective, you have to hand it to Arthur and co., now they can always blame less than perfect work ethic for the crap performances. And hey, look, we did something about it too!

Spark

Global Moderator
That may apply in the case of Pattinson - given his reaction, I don't think he'll have many more problems in his career - but the others? Star performers, hmm.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
So if you were going to fly one batsmen over to India right now who would it be?

Voges, Marsh, Doolan, D. Hussey, Bailey, Ferguson, White?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can we just spend a moment of the fact social called this 'one of the most ludicrous decisions in the the history of Australian sport' :laugh:

ajdude

International Coach
So if you were going to fly one batsmen over to India right now who would it be?

Voges, Marsh, Doolan, D. Hussey, Bailey, Ferguson, White?
probably voges. would rather doolan finish off the season with tassie and get a look in for the england tour

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
probably voges. would rather doolan finish off the season with tassie and get a look in for the england tour
I'd agree there. Voges is old but could plug a short term hole, rather than let that said hole sink the ship that is Australia's batting lineup.

ajdude

International Coach
Can we just spend a moment of the fact social called this 'one of the most ludicrous decisions in the the history of Australian sport' :laugh:

hindsight's 20/20 etc

although you'd think they'd know better than to recruit a tasmanian. worried about thurlow...