• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jesse Hogan ‏@Jesse_Hogan
Ind squad (last 2 Ts): Dhoni (c), Vijay, Pujara, Tendulkar, Kohli, Jadeja, Harbhajan, Ashwin, Ojha, B.Kumar, Rahane, Dinda, Dhawan, I.Sharma

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Forget spin bowling, what exactly is Hughes' USP against good seam/swing as of this moment? I hear he's made steady progress over the last two years, but his technique from what I remember is so inherently flawed that he's always going to be a walking wicket against sorted bowling.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Its just that selectors view Rahane as a middle order batsmen not as a opener thats why I think Dhawan will play
I don't know Dhawan's recent form, but Rahane averages in the sixties in first class cricket while Dhawan averages 45. Unless he's been scoring centuries every game in the past year (if he is, then fair enough and I don't have a problem with that), I don't see how you can take him over Rahane. As run scorers over the course of their careers- they aren't even close.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting that they have just dropped him but not selected a replacement ?

Ishant and Bhajji stay though and so does Dinda.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Also, Rahane can open but isn't really a opener.

I'd rather see him getting a chance in the middle order tbh but i guess if they want to play Jadeja at 6 then there's no space there.

Dhawan is Ok, but has a weakness against deliveries coming into him and can throw his wicket away.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes! Harbhajan still there, but that's at least one useless guy gone.
Yes! Harbhajan still there, but that's at least one useless guy gone.
Apologies if this has been discussed in the thread before, but why is Harbhajan there ahead of Ojha?

In the England v India series last year, Ojha took 20 wickets in 4 tests @ 30.85 at a SR of 76.3, while Harbhajan took 2 wickets in 1 test @ 42 with a SR of 69.

In the Ranji Trophy that followed, Ojha played one match for Hyderabad against Railways where he took 6-112. Harbhajan played 3 matches, first against Gujarat - 3-61, without bowling in the second innings; second against Jharkhand - 1-109 in the first innings and didn't get to bowl in the second innings; and third against Saurashtra - 6-162.

After that, Harbhajan was better than Ojha in the Mumbai vs ROI Irani Cup match, 5-102 against 3-148.

I don't actually see a reason for Harbhajan being ahead of Ojha. I am guessing I am late to the party here, but is Jadeja being a left arm spinner the reason Ojha is being left out, or is it that Harbhajan needs to have one last hurrah(?) of sorts (100th test match and all)?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If this is indeed the end for Sehwag, which it looks like, though you never know in Indian cricket, thanks for your service. What a great career.

But the time is right to end his test career. His slips fielding has been extremely poor lately, he has looked more lethargic than his normal "laconic demeanour", and he is obviously well past it with the bat.

Thanks for the memories Viru, but beat it.