• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

LFD

School Boy/Girl Captain
Here's an interesting little stat, Phil Hughes' last 39 balls against spin have followed this pattern:

. . w . . w . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . w . . . . . . . . w

burr

State Vice-Captain
My biggest fear is Clarke's golden run has to end at some point. That'll probably happen around the Ashes. God help us.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Gautam Gambhir said:
In the buzz of victory came Gautam Gambhir's tweet: "Smells like revenge. Half way there boys. remember Perth? Remember Adelaide? Two more, come on."
He sounds like a cartoon character..who talks like that in real life? He was being touted as leadership material a couple of years ago..I hope he stays out for good.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Gambhir is an embarrassment if that actually is him rather than some imposter.

Must be real satisfying sitting on the sidelines knowing your career could be over. He should be cheering for Australia if he wants to play test cricket again.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I really like the way Clarke speaks. Haven't really taken any notice of the bloke, but I like his character going on the press conference after their loss today. Good for him.
This. Even during the post match, it was so obvious to see how much he was hurting. Contrast that with how Dhoni and his boys were, and have been, after we lost in England, Australia and to England in India. Becoming a very big fan of Clarke these days...

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
This is the best possible 11 Australia could quite possibly field:

1.Warner
2.Khawaja
3.Hughes
4.Clarke
5.Watson
6.Bailey
7.Wade
8.Pattinson
9 Starc ( Bird)
10.Siddle
11.Lyon

For the third test given the nature of the squad I'd pick
1.Warner 2.Khawaja 3.Clarke 4.Hughes 5.Watson 6.Smith 7.Wade 8.Johnson 9.Starc 10. Lyon 11.Doherty

Last edited:

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
in the best possible aus team, ryan harris is the 2nd man picked
Harris international days are over.With his age, the strength of the Aussies young seam attack and the fact he can"t stay on the park to save his life, there is no way selectors will consider Harris.I do rate him highly as a bowler but imo it's time to look past him.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maxwell picking up 4 wickets may confuse selectors into selecting him for the 3rd game. Would be great for us.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Harris international days are over.With his age, the strength of the Aussies young seam attack and the fact he can"t stay on the park to save his life, there is no way selectors will consider Harris.I do rate him highly as a bowler but imo it's time to look past him.
I agree there, it would be a major surprise if Harris returned to the side.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I agree there, it would be a major surprise if Harris returned to the side.
For the next 6 - 12 months, Harris and Cummins will be on the fringes and, at best, might be played upon to call the odd game because they have undeniable quality.

However, relying on either for a series/tour would be foolhardy

Fortunately, Cummins is only 19

social

Maxwell picking up 4 wickets may confuse selectors into selecting him for the 3rd game. Would be great for us.
The only way that he should be picked is as a straight swap for Henriques and he hasnt done enough with the bat to justify that

However, if I were a selector, my seam attack would be Pattinson, Johnson and Starc

Should that be the case, there is an argument to pick off spinners who could take advantage of the rough created by the left armers outside the right handed batsman's off stump

Personally, I wouldnt have Maxwell near the team until he has at least one stellar fc season but as my IQ is above 2, I'm not qualified to be an Oz selector

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
For the next 6 - 12 months, Harris and Cummins will be on the fringes and, at best, might be played upon to call the odd game because they have undeniable quality.

However, relying on either for a series/tour would be foolhardy

Fortunately, Cummins is only 19
I'd be looking at Hazlewood and Cummins as being on the fringes. Cummins ,Hazlewood, Pattinson and Starc as a potential seam attack in the next few years seem pretty devastating.

social

I'd be looking at Hazlewood and Cummins as being on the fringes. Cummins ,Hazlewood, Pattinson and Starc as a potential seam attack in the next few years seem pretty devastating.
Harris is a much better bowler than Hazelwood who is far from the finished article

akilana

International 12th Man
this. Even during the post match, it was so obvious to see how much he was hurting. Contrast that with how dhoni and his boys were, and have been, after we lost in england, australia and to england in india. Becoming a very big fan of clarke these days...
+1.

burr

State Vice-Captain
This. Even during the post match, it was so obvious to see how much he was hurting. Contrast that with how Dhoni and his boys were, and have been, after we lost in England, Australia and to England in India. Becoming a very big fan of Clarke these days...
Yes, I just watched the Clarke post-match on Cricinfo and he spoke very well. Honest, no excuses, but not making wild statements for the sake of them. I particularly liked his points about not separating himself from the rest of the batting group and the need for better shot selection but remaining true to individual style. Have any other players from the Aust side spoken? Be interested to hear their take.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Gambhir is an embarrassment if that actually is him rather than some imposter.

Must be real satisfying sitting on the sidelines knowing your career could be over. He should be cheering for Australia if he wants to play test cricket again.
He first impressed me after the presser in Cape Town last year. Said his 151 was useless to him because they didn't win.