• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wastemen etc

Who the better batsman

• Ajay Jadeja

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Mahmudullah

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

Flem274*

123/5
was alway pencilled in as a back up to Kaneria from his youth cricket days still find it hard to believe he will get so much recognition my only memories are seeing him getting tonked by Faisal Iqbal in an ABN Amro cup game.
Xuhaib on the money.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
I still remember when him and Bell destroyed Somerset in the CB40 final in 2010. Ended up being a bit of a making for Bell. Obviously not for Tahir!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Im looking forward to watching him bowl to be honest. Could well be what South Africa needs to take a step ahead of that invisible marker that they seem to have put down in all forms of the game.
Well, in fairness to tec, he was in the team when SA got to #1. :ph34r:

Think Tahir is proof that bullying tailenders with your one decent weapon (a well disguised googly) will only get you so far.

Be interesting if anyone CBA to work it out what percentage of his FC wickets are from numbers 8-11.

Wrong un

Cricket Spectator
Tahir = the new Bryce McGain

Who can forget his one Test vs SA?

18-2-149-0 :wub:

Got to love comedy rubbish leggies:laugh:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, in fairness to tec, he was in the team when SA got to #1. :ph34r:

Think Tahir is proof that bullying tailenders with your one decent weapon (a well disguised googly) will only get you so far.

Be interesting if anyone CBA to work it out what percentage of his FC wickets are from numbers 8-11.
Yeah, bowling against English county batsman is always going to help.

Having said that he did pretty much single-handedly keep Hampshire up in 2008, was only a short period but surley he cannot have been this bad then?

Was so pleased for him when he made his debut, his enthusiasm when he played for Hampshire was kind of endearing but it has all been horribly downhill since then.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
was alway pencilled in as a back up to Kaneria from his youth cricket days still find it hard to believe he will get so much recognition my only memories are seeing him getting tonked by Faisal Iqbal in an ABN Amro cup game.
Always love reading xuhaib's posts in hindsight. Whether he's right or wrong he sticks his neck out and gives a reason for his opinions.

Great poster, and spot on with Tahir it seems. Forgot to mention he's a **** though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Always love reading xuhaib's posts in hindsight. Whether he's right or wrong he sticks his neck out and gives a reason for his opinions.

Great poster, and spot on with Tahir it seems. Forgot to mention he's a **** though.
He's been a bit funny with his opinion on Tahir though:

good to see Tahir bowl well today if not for Salman Butt getting NOTW'ed we might have been fielding an attack of Asif,Aamer,Ajmal,Tahir.
I mean he obviously has every right to change his mind but equally I don't think we should be giving him too much credit for something he went back on entirely. :p

Xuhaib

International Coach
He's been a bit funny with his opinion on Tahir though:

I mean he obviously has every right to change his mind but equally I don't think we should be giving him too much credit for something he went back on entirely. :p
:laugh:PEWS cheeky bastard.

yeah got sucked in by the hype tbh thought he must have genuinley improved out of sight if both SA and England were gunning for him.His WC 11 showing may also have helped.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:laugh:PEWS cheeky bastard.

yeah got sucked in by the hype tbh thought he must have genuinley improved out of sight if both SA and England were gunning for him.His WC 11 showing may also have helped.
Haha I only remembered you making that post because I replied to it saying I still thought Kaneria was a better bowler than Tahir anyway. I always remember making that post when I watch Tahir and I ponder over whether I still stand by it. His gross inconsistency has made me backflip a couple of times as well. :p