• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Reading this thread is giving me a headache. Can't read it again. I said what I said. Take it or leave it. I'm not trying to bait anyone :)

uvelocity

International Coach
So now I know why it's called Cevnoing.
I wanted to quote this, and then it only got better from there. Time not wasted parra****.

And Jono, it's those little politenesses, acknowledging their small victories, while still trying to **** the opposition over, that makes it cricket. And then having a beer after.

Shri

Mr. Glass
:laugh: Again you are trying to get away by Pewsing and trivialising.

Burgey : See Indian fans how Australian fans applaud Sachin when he comes, unlike some Australian players get in India?

Cevno : Yeah, but Gavaskar and Murali didn't in Australia.

Burgey : Yeah, he was a major douchebag.....

Cevno : But then so is Ponting and what about Murali ?

Burgey : Useless long rant.....

This with different fans many times over with digs like Small brain thrown in.

Burgey in another thread : Indian fans are Self righteous Wankers who boo other players, and don't applaud tons as loud as i'd like unlike all the other fans world over, while expecting there **** players to be treated with applause.

Cevno : Well then the same applies to Australian fans and it is you who is acting self righteous, not Indian fans.

Burgey : Yeah, why are you comparing blah blah blah, only Indian fans are self righteous wankers who have a victim complex.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Excessive emphasis on world cup matches when assessing an ODI player really grinds my gears.

I mean if my street's team plays against the neighbouring street in a world cup match, someone is still going to "rise to the occasion" because it is not mathematically possible for ALL batsmen and ALL bowlers to suck at the same time. Why don't people get it?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Of course it's mathematically possible for everyone to suck, it just might not all be reflected in the scorecard

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, that's right. Qualitatively, they can all suck, but not quantitatively.

Therefore to say that a fifty in a world cup is more valuable than fifty in a non-world cup match against same country and at same venue without reference to the qualitative aspects makes no sense. If indeed the quantitative batting benchmarks must be diluted, then the bowling benchmarks must be raised. But what I see is that both kind of benchmarks are diluted in such arguments. That makes no freaking sense.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
If you are talking about a knockout match, where the consequences are greater, then yes, it does matter more than a similar innings in a tri-series or a bilateral.

I mean, even from a quality point of view, they are more likely to be playing against the best that the other side can offer, not against a few guys who aren't quite ready yet in order to see whether they are up to it, and guys will play through niggling injuries at the WC rather than rest in the other scenario.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
And Jono, it's those little politenesses, acknowledging their small victories, while still trying to **** the opposition over, that makes it cricket. And then having a beer after.
Yeah that's why I like it when a player does it. But I don't hold it against a player for not applauding a 100, even though I like it when they do.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
When A strong team plays sloppy cricket, gets beaten by an underdog and the whole debacle is made out to be the underdog's fault! :ranting: