• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, exactly that is fair but, you are using that argument to get away from the fact that you have been now bringing this up in so many threads with respect to unrelated matches, labelling only a certain set of fans who do it "self righteous wankers" and not others while not justifying how they are self righteous in the first place ?

And also not explaining how applauding someone who is disliked when he scores a ton and not booing afterwards is a absolute accepted social convention in sports? (Though i don't think it is you who said this, ftr and Ponting was applauded after he scored a ton but booed afterwards which i didn't like either tbh).
Dear oh dear. How is whether I was bringing it up in however many threads an issue here?

Understandably though, you're seeking to make it one.

My word Cevno, I explained why those fans are self-righteous in my last lengthy post. They expect clouds of incense to be formed when their own blokes walk out to bat; bitch and moan when their players are booed, then don't acknowledge the achievements of other teams/ players.

But once again, why do I have to explain why it's an accepted social norm? It's about whether I find it annoying, not whether anyone else does.

Firstly, it seems to be the case here that the crowds will carry on against ceratin players (as crowds do everywhere), but if that player performs well, the crowd will respect him. They will look past the fact Kohli is a boyband wannabe and clap the **** when he makes a hundred. In other words, they will acknowledge his accomplishment.

Understandably that isn't the case everywhere. But it doesn't have to be in order for its absence to grind my cricketing gears.

Can you see we're approaching this from different positions? You're looking to conflate things and compare one t'other, when all I'm doing is telling you what annoys me about the cricket.

Kamran Akmal, as an example, might grind someone's gears. He doesn't worry me, but then I'm not a Pakistan supporter. There isn't a right or wrong here.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, exactly that is fair but, you are using that argument to get away from the fact that you have been now bringing this up in so many threads with respect to unrelated matches, labelling only a certain set of fans who do it "self righteous wankers" and not others while not justifying how they are self righteous in the first place ?

And also not explaining how applauding someone who is disliked when he scores a ton and not booing afterwards is a absolute accepted social convention in sports? (Though i don't think it is you who said this, ftr and Ponting was applauded after he scored a ton but booed afterwards which i didn't like either tbh).
This is not debating an issue. This is just making people constantly explain the difference between two things. If you disagree with what he's saying, state your case and say what you think. Don't tell him he's not allowed to think X unless he also thinks Y. It's infuriating.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Dear oh dear. How is whether I was bringing it up in however many threads an issue here?

Understandably though, you're seeking to make it one.
Because that is why it was brought up in this thread in the first place. Anyway let's ignore that for the time being.

My word Cevno, I explained why those fans are self-righteous in my last lengthy post. They expect clouds of incense to be formed when their own blokes walk out to bat; bitch and moan when their players are booed, then don't acknowledge the achievements of other teams/ players.

But once again, why do I have to explain why it's an accepted social norm? It's about whether I find it annoying, not whether anyone else does.

Firstly, it seems to be the case here that the crowds will carry on against ceratin players (as crowds do everywhere), but if that player performs well, the crowd will respect him. They will look past the fact Kohli is a boyband wannabe and clap the **** when he makes a hundred. In other words, they will acknowledge his accomplishment.

Understandably that isn't the case everywhere. But it doesn't have to be in order for its absence to grind my cricketing gears.

Can you see we're approaching this from different positions? You're looking to conflate things and compare one t'other, when all I'm doing is telling you what annoys me about the cricket.

Kamran Akmal, as an example, might grind someone's gears. He doesn't worry me, but then I'm not a Pakistan supporter. There isn't a right or wrong here.
Well that bolded is a part i disagree with.And you are bitching and moaning yourself about it while giving a reasoning as to why someone like Gavaskar or Harbjhajan was booed in Australia.

When you label the entire set of fans of a country self righteous wankers, then it is certainly going to be argued. Even in this thread or anywhere else.

I can't say even Australia players are dirty hypocritical & arrogant ****s time and again all over the place and then in this thread again and don't expect my reasoning to be argued, let alone labelling a set of fans a thing when it is the fans who visit these forums.

Burgey

Because that is why it was brought up in this thread in the first place. Anyway let's ignore that for the time being.

Well that bolded is a part i disagree with.And you are bitching and moaning yourself about it while giving a reasoning as to why someone like Gavaskar or Harbjhajan was booed in Australia.

When you label the entire set of fans of a country self righteous wankers, then it is certainly going to be argued. Even in this thread or anywhere else.

I can't say even Australia players are dirty hypocritical & arrogant ****s time and again all over the place and then in this thread again and don't expect my reasoning to be argued, let alone labelling a set of fans a thing when it is the fans who visit these forums.
I'm giving you a reason why it happened, not justifying it.

This fairly simple (and irrelevant to the discussion at hand) point seems to be beyond you.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
This is not debating an issue. This is just making people constantly explain the difference between two things. If you disagree with what he's saying, state your case and say what you think. Don't tell him he's not allowed to think X unless he also thinks Y. It's infuriating.
Yeah, but Ankit was having a somewhat different related argument about what should be accepted or what should not and what is bad behavior and what is not which is a larger issue. Perhaps it got mixed up and you're right.

With respect to Gavaskar/Murali in Australia though, it is a valid comparison. And different arguments with different takes and version of what happened/facts has already been made throughout this thread since....

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm just glad certain posters within this thread don't post in the OT gear-grind thread. Imagine some great rants, dissected in **** posts.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I'm giving you a reason why it happened, not justifying it.

This fairly simple (and irrelevant to the discussion at hand) point seems to be beyond you.
Well then don't label a whole set of fans of a country "self righteous wankers" only because they don't applaud opposition players they dislike as loud as you'd like, and go on about it in so many threads as if it is a crime they did that is unique to only that set and for which even other associated fans have to take responsibility.

Gavaskar was booed, Ponting was booed. Gavaskar wasn't applauded as much as he'd like too (according to him), and perhaps Ponting wasn't either. And there is only you who is acting all self righteous about it now and even condescending. :p

Last edited:

Burgey

Yeah, but Ankit was having a somewhat different related argument about what should be accepted or what should not and what is bad behavior and what is not which is a larger issue. Perhaps it got mixed up and you're right.

With respect to Gavaskar/Murali in Australia though, it is a valid comparison. And different arguments with different takes and version of what happened/facts has already been made throughout this thread since....
It's not a valid comparison because THAT ISN'T THE POINT OF THE ****ING THREAD!!!!

Fmd mate, is that how you live your life? If someone says "I think this TV is better than that one" do you say "Oh yeah, but my mother makes a better birthday cake than yours so we're even?" It's ****ing appalling. It makes no sense. I've met savants who put more coherent arguments together. I mean, it just defies belief. It's impossinble to argue with this "rationale" you have, because there's no argument and it isn't rational.

This isn't a "rank the things which you hate in cricket and explain why they're worse than other things" thread. It's not a comparison thread. I'm staggered by this approach you adopt so often. Is it so hard to work out that when someone says:

"Pattinson bowled badly today"

it's no answer to say

"Oh yeah, well I saw Ishant Sharma bowl badly once too"?

Is it? I mean, really? Is it so ****ing hard to work out? Because that's precisely what you're doing:

Burgey: "Not clapping an opponent's hundred ****s me"

CevNO: "Oh yeah, well what about when some over rated dwarf got booed in Australia when he stormed off in a huff? Huh? Huh? Yeah!!!! Hypocrite".

**** me dead, it is just beyond awful.

Please, for the love of God, just jog on.

Last edited:

Burgey

Well then don't label a whole set of fans of a country "self righteous wankers" only because they don't applaud opposition players they dislike as loud as you'd like, and go on about it in so many threads as if it is a crime they did that is unique to only that set and for which even other associated fans have to take responsibility.

Gavaskar was booed, Ponting was booed. Gavaskar wasn't applauded as much as he'd like too (according to him), and perhaps Ponting wasn't either. And there is only you who is acting all self righteous about it now and even condescending. :p

I didn't do that, I labelled as self-righteous wankers the people who do the booing/ who don't applaud. FMD mate, this is beyond awful. It's beyond reason. And I can't believe I have wasted an entire hour or so of my otherwise enjoyable life trying to get this across to you.

I must leave work, get home and have dinner*

*To which you'll no doubt respond "Oh yeah? Well I have to have lunch!!! What about that, eh? Eh?"

Edit: And one other thing, ditch the ****ing smiley.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
It's not a valid comparison because THAT ISN'T THE POINT OF THE ****ING THREAD!!!!

Fmd mate, is that how you live your life? If someone says "I think this TV is better than that one" do you say "Oh yeah, but my mother makes a better birthday cake than yours so we're even?" It's ****ing appalling. It makes no sense. I've met savants who put more coherent arguments together. I mean, it just defies belief. It's impossinble to argue with this "rationale" you have, because there's no argument and it isn't rational.

This isn't a "rank the things which you hate in cricket and explain why they're worse than other things" thread. It's not a comparison thread. I'm staggered by this approach you adopt so often. Is it so hard to work out that when someone says:

it's no answer to say

Is it? I mean, really? Is it so ****ing hard to work out? Because that's precisely what you're doing:

CevNO: "Oh yeah, well what about when some over rated dwarf got booed in Australia when he stormed off in a huff? Huh? Huh? Yeah!!!! Hypocrite".

:laugh: Again you are trying to get away by Pewsing and trivialising.

Burgey : See Indian fans how Australian fans applaud Sachin when he comes, unlike some Australian players get in India?

Cevno : Yeah, but Gavaskar and Murali didn't in Australia.

Burgey : Yeah, he was a major douchebag.....

Cevno : But then so is Ponting and what about Murali ?

Burgey : Useless long rant.....

This with different fans many times over with digs like Small brain thrown in.

Burgey in another thread : Indian fans are Self righteous Wankers who boo other players, and don't applaud tons as loud as i'd like unlike all the other fans world over, while expecting there **** players to be treated with applause.

Cevno : Well then the same applies to Australian fans and it is you who is acting self righteous, not Indian fans.

Burgey : Yeah, why are you comparing blah blah blah, only Indian fans are self righteous wankers who have a victim complex.

Last edited:

Burgey

Cevno,

Please do not accuse me of trivializing the extent to which I find the way you post deplorable.

I really think you are, once again, missing the point. I've toilet trained puppies in less time than it takes to get through to you Cevno. You are trying to compare two different things, and you're pretending they are the same as the other. If that's how you want to go about it, then good for you. But I'm no lnger going to indulge in this with you because I think we will keep talking past each other and nothing will come of it, save that I'll just end up thinking even less of what you have to say than I already do.

And I suspect you'll be the same.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
My god, he's just satirised himself.
So if i say see Australia fans how Indian players behave themselves compared to your arrogant **** players time and again in a condescending tone, including say when Ian Bell incident happened which is with unrelated teams, i am not going to have Kohli or Harbhajan thrown back at me? ITSTL.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King

it's no answer to say

I didn't do that, I labelled as self-righteous wankers the people who do the booing/ who don't applaud. FMD mate, this is beyond awful. It's beyond reason. And I can't believe I have wasted an entire hour or so of my otherwise enjoyable life trying to get this across to you.

I must leave work, get home and have dinner*

*To which you'll no doubt respond "Oh yeah? Well I have to have lunch!!! What about that, eh? Eh?"

Edit: And one other thing, ditch the ****ing smiley.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

hilarious posts

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just to express my opinion, I do like it when an opposition player acknowledges a good achievement like getting to 100 or 200.

But whilst I like it when they do applaud, I most cerainly don't think a player not doing it is a bad thing. If a player just got to 200, I think it is perfectly acceptable to not applaud him on the field because you're still going at him trying to get him out. You may want to applaud him when he gets out, or hell you may want to only applaud him when he's in the lockeroom after the day's play.

Just because you don't applaud an opposition player on the field doesn't mean you don't do it at all.

Crowds though are a different case. I reckon its poor if a crowd doesn't applaud an opposition 100 or 5-fer etc.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I didn't do that, I labelled as self-righteous wankers the people who do the booing/ who don't applaud. F
- Any fans not applauding bugs me, but these self-righteous wankers expect their own players lauded yet don't extend the same courtesy to others, before bitching about crowds in other countries.
So you know the same people who were in the crowd booing bitch about crowds in other countries and expect Kohli to be lauded? And with respect to your other previous posts on this issue, i assume you think they read CW too ? Clever, but at least i got that out of you.

Anyways, i agree with your above post about ending this this discussion here, btw just wanted to make this last point.

Last edited:

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Why do you use the tongue smiley? It sort of takes away the seriousness of whatever point you're trying to make.

Last edited: