• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England 2012

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Quality innings there from Morgan, unorthodox but very effective. One feels that Clarke got the bowling order wrong at the end there with Watson closing it out. The death bowling is definitely a concern area for Australia.

Respectable total from England. Kieswetter didn't really do his job though did he?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Decent effort, Australia obviously getting the better of the conditions but still fancy us to defend that.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Good finish, would have been nice to start the big hitting 2 or 3 overs earlier, but you can't really fault Morgan, top knock.

Down to the 5 man attack now.

grecian

Quality innings there from Morgan, unorthodox but very effective. One feels that Clarke got the bowling order wrong at the end there with Watson closing it out. The death bowling is definitely a concern area for Australia.

Respectable total from England. Kieswetter didn't really do his job though did he?

No he most definitely didn't, we've better people for this role, IMHO.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Great innings from Morgan but really not good enough from CK. If you're striking at less than 100 in the last 10 overs then at least have the decency to get out and let someone else have a hit.

And I wouldn't be too worried if I was an Aussie, suns out and its a really flat pitch. With your batting lineup you should be favourites.

grecian

Yeah, I make Oz faves, but if our seam bowlers can rip out a few early, it's a defendable total.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Very good 50 overs of Cricket. England slightly ahead thanks to Morgan, its going to be a difficult chase against Englands 5 best bowlers.

Watson looked a little rusty while McKay and Lee both bowled well.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Nah, Fairbrother scored 1 century in 70+ appearances.

Don't get me wrong, he was class but one paced. Morgan can nurdle it around just as well in those middle overs but he has those extra gears that blows the oppo apart. England have never had anyone like him in this form.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
England haven't exactly been blessed in the shorter form.

Still a decent lineup. Tres particuarly underrated in ODIs. England's best batsman in this form by some distance.

grecian

I always have memories of Hick and Fairbrother caving when he really mattered, possibly my ****e-coloured spectacles when thinking about the 90s. I'd probably prefer Lamb and Smith, not that they were world-beaters either.