• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Chandila's FORM !!

Domestic:
T20
Matches: 13
Wickets: 11
Economy: 6.33

His batting average is 20.16 (which must be equal or greater than Levi we can safely assume) with a blistering strike rate of 123.46

In contention for ATG allrounder the domestic scene has ever seen

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Damn you Gayle, why do you never perform when I want you to, yet always perform when I don't want you to?

****ing Spikey

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ugh ffs why are they bowling a guy like de Lange at the death? Utterly stupid.

Making Dhoni look like a ****ing hero when he's made a formality into a tough situation. And out.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So many close finishes this IPL. Haven't watched much at all but just always seems the headline is something about a close last over finish.

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
The standard of bowling, particularly in the death overs, in this IPL has just been ghastly. I can't even bring myself to appreciate most of these batsmens' innings because they are just giving the balls the necessary treatment. Barring a handful of bowlers (the likes of Malinga and Narine), the quality of death bowling is just shocking for the premier cricketing competition in the world. I guess it is because most of these teams end up purchasing batting superstars and just completely ignore the bowling, assembling a squad of Indian club cricketers whose modus operandi is pitching it on a length on leg-stump.

Jacknife

International Captain
The standard of bowling, particularly in the death overs, in this IPL has just been ghastly. I can't even bring myself to appreciate most of these batsmens' innings because they are just giving the balls the necessary treatment. Barring a handful of bowlers (the likes of Malinga and Narine), the quality of death bowling is just shocking for the premier cricketing competition in the world. I guess it is because most of these teams end up purchasing batting superstars and just completely ignore the bowling, assembling a squad of Indian club cricketers whose modus operandi is pitching it on a length on leg-stump.
Agree, the standard of bowling full stop has been filthy all tournament with the odd exception. I don't think I've ever seen so many full tosses as I have in this IPL, there's just been an endless supply of them every game. There just seems to be too many bowlers with 2 deliveries, filthy half tracker and filthy half volley.

chicane

State Captain
Fixing allegations laid bare on video. The clips are in Hindi. Short translation: The players clearly negotiating spot fixes/illegal contracts, also suggesting the BCCI is aware of black money dealings.

TP Sudhindra

India TV sting reveals spot fixing and black money in IPL - YouTube

Shalabh Srivastava

Shalabh Srivastava IPL 5 Match Fixing Exclusive Video (Cricket) - India TV HD - YouTube

Mohnish Mishra (black money)

Mohnish Mishra IPL 5 Cricket Match Fixing Exclusive Video - India TV HD - YouTube

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
The overpaying of IPL players more than limit for the non - internationals, is hardly a state secret. Many ways like endorsement etc.... alongside black money being used to get around that.

The fixing one is interesting but they are related to domestic matches and spot fixing there allegedly, rather than IPL.

chicane

State Captain
The overpaying of IPL players more than limit for the non - internationals, is hardly a state secret. Many ways like endorsement etc.... alongside black money being used to get around that.

The fixing one is interesting but they are related to domestic matches and spot fixing there allegedly, rather than IPL.
Yeah there's no evidence of cheating in the IPL, but they agreed to do it and its even happened in Tests. Not surprising but horrible to contemplate, like we might be tripping on poop.