• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Last few overs were bizarre, pitch played really horribly by the looks of it. I suppose it's all about getting the required run-rate to below 6 as quickly as possible.

Spark

Global Moderator
Soft ball + dead pitch, so predictable. Mind you, that Pune decided to deliver something approaching decent bowling and fielding (mostly because of smitteh) helped

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I know Steve Smith possibly screwed that last one up, but he really is a special fielder. I think he is a future superb one day cricketer, if he could only improve his bowling to the level of a fifth bowler.

Scaly piscine

Well I don't even think the bowling was that great at the end. As long as you don't bowl full tosses or rank half volleys then the pitch will do the rest for you.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well I don't even think the bowling was that great at the end. As long as you don't bowl full tosses or rank half volleys then the pitch will do the rest for you.
I said approaching decent bowling tbf. And given how they started, "not full tosses and rank half volleys" counts.

Scaly piscine

I know Steve Smith possibly screwed that last one up, but he really is a special fielder. I think he is a future superb one day cricketer, if he could only improve his bowling to the level of a fifth bowler.
Yea, if he'd chosen a different bowling discipline - such as off-spin and put the same work into it as he has with leg-spin he'd probably be alright. Part-time leg-spin in limited overs cricket is hard to get away with.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Dumb captaincy. You have the oppo 5 down in 8 overs, so go for the throat with Narine. de Lange presumably has the last over? That could be interesting.

Scaly piscine

Hmm yea with de Lange you just want friendly edges, he would have been one of the last I'd want to be bowling the final over in these circumstances.

Jacknife

International Captain
Dravid's been a bit of a revelation this year in the IPL, even though he's all class he has in the past looked a little uncomfortable keeping that strike rate up but this season he's done a fine job in every game he's played and scored at a decent rate.

Jinxed him it seems.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Dravid's been a bit of a revelation this year in the IPL, even though he's all class he has in the past looked a little uncomfortable keeping that strike rate up but this season he's done a fine job in every game he's played and scored at a decent rate.

Jinxed him it seems.
His problem is when the field spreads out. His boundaries dry up because he generally hits it along the ground and he still doesn't get many singles. Most of his innings have involved comfortably scoring at 130-140 in the first 6 then at a run a ball or worse after that and he ends up trying to slog one over the field and holes out.

Jacknife

International Captain
His problem is when the field spreads out. His boundaries dry up because he generally hits it along the ground and he still doesn't get many singles. Most of his innings have involved comfortably scoring at 130-140 in the first 6 then at a run a ball or worse after that and he ends up trying to slog one over the field and holes out.
Yes it's always been his problem when he goes for the slog but just looking at his past scores he generally sets a good platform for the bigger hitters to come in on.

Migara

International Coach
Is it only me who thinks Mathews is a waste at #7 for Pune?

(I think it's a waste of time for him to play IPL BTW)