• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is the beauty of a pitch that has a little bit of juice/grass etc.

111 metres. Heh.

Last edited:

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Liked what I saw of Mandeep and Saini today. As Arjun said Rahane, Gambhir and Sehwag should be a lock in. Raina needs to perform, without him performing CSK looks weak.

AaronK

State Regular
my buddy was telling me that Ashok Dinda is in the top 5 of the best strike rate bowlers in this season.. if it is true.. it really shows the crediability of IPL.. i can see the writing in the wall..

IPL where craps like DINDA and JEDEJA Shines

hsha

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
No Munaf please! Umesh would be a risky choice. Also Nadeem and Ashwin > Chawla.
I'm no big fan of Munaf, but India isn't loaded with really good T20 seamers- even less so those who have had IPL success. I'm game for the likes of YoMahesh/Aravind/AnandRajan/ShamiAhmed/Ablish for World T20, but would you have these as your bowlers? As for Chawla, he's the only all-rounder who's doing well in this IPL, at least with the ball. Every other all-rounder has been poor. Ashwin has lost it this time, and Mishra, sadly, isn't up to his best-T20-bowler-in-India standards this IPL. Nadeem is short of wickets. Big weakness.
More importantly, where's the keeper?
Maybe he's suggesting using Uthappa as the keeper?
It's also been a poor IPL for the wicketkeeper-batsmen, so Uthappa makes it. He's been a good complete package.
Believe me it's gona be tough in SL. Ball will move in the night, some times crazily. And batsmen will not get six for 75m hits on SL grounds, but rather get caught in the deep. Hamabtota and Pallekele has boundaries nearly 90m away, and RPS also is 80m+, and unlke in IPL, spirited running will be a key factor here. With heal and humidity you will need supremely fit players to succeed. Sehwag and Uthappa doesn't look that kind of players.
Uthappa's a much better runner, while Sehwag can hit big enough anywhere, although his fitness is a concern. India's domestic T20 players will be a lot more relevant.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
If Dhawan (too slow), Uthappa (seems like he lost power), and Rohit (mr. unpredictable) play in the same team then it's early exit for India. India got much much better player than Dhawan and Uthappa
Hang on, Rohit Sharma is one of the best T20 batsmen for India, so let's not lump him here. Uthappa has a good strike rate and was striking heavily in the limited-overs events in the lead up to the IPL. Dhawan and Uthappa, despite their faults, are still getting enough runs in this IPL, and not counting Dravid, make up the top five amongst the Indians. Not spoilt for choice in T20.
Ashwin has been good, Ojha decent.
Both are short of wickets. Look at the top five bowlers in the IPL, and then the Indians.