• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looked like it really bounced on Owais, as compared to the one that went under Watto's trademark swipe to mid-wicket.

I think the Royals have gotten a bit carried away with their start.

Jacknife

International Captain
Sehwag has been scary good so far and KP has done the correct thing and just rotated the strike to get him back on.

I could of sworn blind KP was limping then a bit, don't need that.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
A race for the orange cap features three Indians- Sehwag, Gambhir and Rahane. This should easily be the Indian WorldT20 top three in SL. Follow that up with Dhawan, Uthappa and Rohit Sharma and you have a capable top six. You have a bowling combo of Munaf-Awana-Dinda-Umesh-Chawla, but hang on, where are the spinners and all-rounders? They've been very poor this IPL, with the sole exception of Chawla.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A race for the orange cap features three Indians- Sehwag, Gambhir and Rahane. This should easily be the Indian WorldT20 top three in SL. Follow that up with Dhawan, Uthappa and Rohit Sharma and you have a capable top six. You have a bowling combo of Munaf-Awana-Dinda-Umesh-Chawla, but hang on, where are the spinners and all-rounders? They've been very poor this IPL, with the sole exception of Chawla.
Ashwin has been good, Ojha decent.

Sylvester

State Captain
Wouldn't mind seeing Smith getting more time to get a 50. White actually doing something, what is the world coming to.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
from a selfish 'i love it when smitteh does well' pov, yeah i'd like it. but if he lands in the Australian T20 squad it'll be down at 6/7, trying to hit big in the later overs, so I wouldn't mind him staying around about where he is

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
If Dhawan (too slow), Uthappa (seems like he lost power), and Rohit (mr. unpredictable) play in the same team then it's early exit for India. India got much much better player than Dhawan and Uthappa

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
No Munaf please! Umesh would be a risky choice. Also Nadeem and Ashwin > Chawla.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
More importantly, where's the keeper?

Migara

International Coach
Now when is KKR vs DD happen? I am waiting to see the Sehwag vs Narine contest. Dhoni usually a fine player of spin was just guessing against him last time I saw.

Migara

International Coach
Believe me it's gona be tough in SL. Ball will move in the night, some times crazily. And batsmen will not get six for 75m hits on SL grounds, but rather get caught in the deep. Hamabtota and Pallekele has boundaries nearly 90m away, and RPS also is 80m+, and unlke in IPL, spirited running will be a key factor here. With heal and humidity you will need supremely fit players to succeed. Sehwag and Uthappa doesn't look that kind of players.