• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
LOL just listening to the presenters on ITV4 between innings and they were talking about Hogg and the male presenter said 'Hogg yes he's certainly still a fit fuc... fella' and stopped before he completed the word and stuttered, then said fella, I had to rewind the live TV back to make sure I caught it properly and I sure did.
Haha, nearly spit my drink out watching that. Matt Smith never fails to entertain.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I can understand attitude and petulance from good/great players (KP, Virat etc.) but cannot tolerate it when decidedly average bowlers start cursing and pointing fingers.
DWTA. It is purely a matter of civility, and the players' stature should be no excuse.

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
DWTA. It is purely a matter of civility, and the players' stature should be no excuse.
I take your point but I wasn't saying it's OK if the great player is uncivil but it's not OK if the mediocre player is uncivil. It's unacceptable either way but I can understand it if it's the bigger name player. He has more accolades, it's understandable if he is arrogant. Not condoning it.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, I used to really like him and rate him but people like him should not be near the international team!

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I've never been a big fan of Munaf since he, in Andy Roberts' words, started spinning the ball, but he would have been at least a decent T20I bowler if nothing else. Even that's now unlikely, with faster, fitter and more versatile options at hand- now you have Awana, for instance. Worse still, this rather thuggish, street-fighter attitude is something that makes Sreesanth's antics tolerable- I mean, somebody could get hurt here. It's now rather disappointing that he's the top wicket-taker amongst the Indian bowlers. I'd say India go in for Awana, Umesh Yadav and Abu Nechim for pace, or Yo Mahesh, Aravind and Anand Rajan for T20-readiness.

Harbhajan has stopped being useful in T20s. Let's just look beyond him here- go in for Ojha, Mishra or maybe Ashwin.

Spark

Global Moderator
Cam White being useful.

Proof indeed that the standard of cricket in the IPL is piss-poor :ph34r:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Cam White being useful.

Proof indeed that the standard of cricket in the IPL is piss-poor :ph34r:
Feel really happy for the guy, he just couldn't take a trick. Was informed he'd actually told Deccan that he'd be happy not to be paid if he could just have some time off, get away from cricket for a bit.

Then, about two weeks later, heard he signed on for an English team in the T20, so maybe he figured out he should take the cash while someone still wanted him. :ph34r:

Nah, but glad to see him get a score, just maybe it can be a bit of a catalyst.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
yeah with ponting gone, dussey old, clarke intermittent and forrest iffy, there's definitely a spot in the odi setup there for the taking if he starts scoring like he used to back in the day.

still looks a goose against moving balls near the stumps, mind.

edit: lol

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was wondering why they're bowling spin against Ganguly, even against Gony he looks useless. Maybe hoping he'll do a Kallis and bat his team out of the game? Out now.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This game is going in slow motion. The batsmen are pissing about and the bowlers are taking an eternity to bowl.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Local disconnect - Hindustan Times

An interesting article about lack of opportunities for local players. Really amazing that Mumbai had Rahane with them for 3 seasons and did not give him the opportunities to perform. Repeating the same with Suryakumar Yadav too by the look of things.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it might be more to do with the style of play. I guess they didn't see Rahane as the big hitting type. And T20 is still relatively new (or was in the first 3 seasons anyway). And Rahane has to open the innings to be effective, so with Sachin already their to play the anchor role they wanted a big hitter as the other opener. But yes opportunity missed for MI there.

Also does anyone know why Cricinfo stopped the fantasy leagues for IPL? or in general? I was trying to get my American Friend into cricket (through fantasy) only to see Cricinfo isn't offering it =/

EDIT: What I found more interesting is this: "When Shane Watson saw Ajinkya Rahane bat in Australia’s tour game in Chandigarh in 2010, he was convinced he was a special talent. He immediately contacted his Rajasthan Royals management and insisted he wanted the Mumbai boy in his Indian Premier League team."

IPL has connected the countries worldwide who played cricket, despite all the negative things.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it might be more to do with the style of play. I guess they didn't see Rahane as the big hitting type. And T20 is still relatively new (or was in the first 3 seasons anyway). And Rahane has to open the innings to be effective, so with Sachin already their to play the anchor role they wanted a big hitter as the other opener. But yes opportunity missed for MI there.

Also does anyone know why Cricinfo stopped the fantasy leagues for IPL? or in general? I was trying to get my American Friend into cricket (through fantasy) only to see Cricinfo isn't offering it =/

EDIT: What I found more interesting is this: "When Shane Watson saw Ajinkya Rahane bat in Australia’s tour game in Chandigarh in 2010, he was convinced he was a special talent. He immediately contacted his Rajasthan Royals management and insisted he wanted the Mumbai boy in his Indian Premier League team."

IPL has connected the countries worldwide who played cricket, despite all the negative things.
There is a fantasy league in Espnstar and there is one in Cricketweb as well :)
You can introduce your friend to those leagues.