• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

GGG

State Captain
Pretty poor effort by PWI in hindsight, Uthappa's poor stick rate could cost them the game.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Horrible to hear about the collapsed stand - hopefully no one killed, but...

edit: hearing now a billboard collapse

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That one pinged off the bat nicely. One of those random looking tennis ball bounce pitches. Saini's dismissal summed up Indian cricket's problems quite nicely I thought.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How the hell did Munaf get away with that one? Also another epic Munaf moment with his gesturing after he ran away from taking the ball to effect the run out.

And hammered for two sixes to end. Get in. Him and Turbinator - The Axis of Evil.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
On the basis of today, in limited overs cricket, we should not see Harbhajan, Munaf or even RP Singh anytime soon. RP Singh bowled well, but he is still under pace. Harbhajan and especially Munaf performed terribly. Sad to see but FFS guys, show some commitment. Would far rather a new boy like Awana be given a go.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
don't know how gilchrist injury is coming along but I'm not sure I'd have him back in the Kings xi team even if he is the captain.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Struggling to understand why Robin Peterson bowled one over to start the match and then wasn't used for the rest of the innings. Might as well have played Levi/Jacobs if Mumbai weren't prepared to use Peterson's bowling skills.

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
I can understand attitude and petulance from good/great players (KP, Virat etc.) but cannot tolerate it when decidedly average bowlers start cursing and pointing fingers. Munaf Patel is just an embarrassment to cricket. Here's a bowler who bowls two rank full-tosses in the final two balls of the innings and then criticises the boundary fielder when it went way over his head. Or how about when he berated the fielder at midwicket after a quick accurate throw on target whilst Munaf stood watching it fly past the stumps. Remember when he started assaulting the umpire and harassed him into referring the decision in a previous match. The best was when he started having a go at some young Indian batsmen after they smashed him around for some boundaries, thinking he is some bigshot. I would like to see him do that to Chris Gayle. What a joker.

I really hate the Mumbai Indians too. Not just because they're captained by Harbhajan or because one of their star bowler is Munaf. They really are the definition of a collection of individuals, totally lack any teamwork or unity. Playing Peterson and then have him bowl one over. Bhajji says Levi is a "terrific player" and then he is promptly dropped after a couple of failures. They say Pollard is the matchwinner and then bat him at 6 or 7 when all he can do is swing from ball one. I really hope they don't get into the play-offs.

Jacknife

International Captain
I can understand attitude and petulance from good/great players (KP, Virat etc.) but cannot tolerate it when decidedly average bowlers start cursing and pointing fingers. Munaf Patel is just an embarrassment to cricket. Here's a bowler who bowls two rank full-tosses in the final two balls of the innings and then criticises the boundary fielder when it went way over his head. Or how about when he berated the fielder at midwicket after a quick accurate throw on target whilst Munaf stood watching it fly past the stumps. Remember when he started assaulting the umpire and harassed him into referring the decision in a previous match. The best was when he started having a go at some young Indian batsmen after they smashed him around for some boundaries, thinking he is some bigshot. I would like to see him do that to Chris Gayle. What a joker.

I really hate the Mumbai Indians too. Not just because they're captained by Harbhajan or because one of their star bowler is Munaf. They really are the definition of a collection of individuals, totally lack any teamwork or unity. Playing Peterson and then have him bowl one over. Bhajji says Levi is a "terrific player" and then he is promptly dropped after a couple of failures. They say Pollard is the matchwinner and then bat him at 6 or 7 when all he can do is swing from ball one. I really hope they don't get into the play-offs.
Agree with that mate, it's not as if it happens now & again with Patel, it's every time I watch him bowl, he just comes off as a right nasty bastard to me.