• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

Ruckus

International Captain
forget the other stuff, spin seems to Warner's real achilles heel. Seriously needs to improve that part of his game.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shillingford's action is, at the very least, highly suspicious

Dont mind the team that Australia has chosen so long as the batsmen do their job as I reckon Beer is quite suited to these conditions

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
But he's scored runs against this sort of attack and on slow decks in the IPL...
Not gonna bite. :p

Not ruling out him scoring runs here either - not by a long shot. It'll just be a challenge for him. Two genuinely fast bowlers who look to bowl full and at the stumps, a nibbly wicket to wicket bowler and two spinners who turn it into him is probably the attack balance I'd assemble if I was captaining against a team of eleven Watsons, so it's a big test for him. I do think he's up to it if he concentrates properly though (which is a big if tbf).

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
danbrettig
In answer to queries, with two spinners it was thought a fresh Pattinson better than Harris after long haul 1st Test.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hahahah yeah I know, but they're using a "harris might get injured" line
The way I see it..

Dropping Harris for Pattinson because it's back to back Tests = fine, bordering on common sense
Dropping Harris for Beer because it's back to back Tests and the pitch is slow = reading into things a little too much but I can deal
Dropping Harris for Beer just because it's back to back Tests or just because the pitch is slow = dire
Dropping Siddle for Beer because the pitch is slow = umm wat

So whether or not Siddle is injured is really crucial to determining exactly how much rage I should be feeling. If he's injured then I can deal with the side.