• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

BoyBrumby

Englishman
didn't see it, think spark did, but pretty much said he was rested i think. clarke at the toss said they picked the best suited team. deleted asap after clarke's statement i guess.
Nah, surely not. Pattinson, yeah can get onboard with that, but Beer? Non-batting (& non-spinning tbh) slow bowler?

Holding having a dart at Warner. Not looking too flash actually, the young fella.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, surely not. Pattinson, yeah can get onboard with that, but Beer? Non-batting (& non-spinning tbh) slow bowler?
well the pitch doesn't look too helpful to the seamers tbf. but yeah to me it just seems they fear Lyon might not do the job here (in part 'cause he won't have any footmarks imo) and that Beer might, so they're trying to cover their bases. But they should have dropped Lyon if they felt that way. Instead they've picked two spinners and I guess given the enduring questions over Harris' fitness they've not picked him to ensure it's not Hilf and Watson as our only two seamers.

Or that might rate Beer and Lyon really highly. who knows. that's just my gut feel.

Ruckus

International Captain
Some of what Holding says has truth to it (to a much lesser degree than he made it out though imo), but nevertheless I hope Warner makes an epic ton here. Love it when commentators have to eat their words.

Spikey

well the pitch doesn't look too helpful to the seamers tbf. but yeah to me it just seems they fear Lyon might not do the job here (in part 'cause he won't have any footmarks imo) and that Beer might, so they're trying to cover their bases. But they should have dropped Lyon if they felt that way. Instead they've picked two spinners and I guess given the enduring questions over Harris' fitness they've not picked him to ensure it's not Hilf and Watson as our only two seamers.

Or that might rate Beer and Lyon really highly. who knows. that's just my gut feel.
ftr what if talk re harris breaking down a test is over-stated, but I reckon they've let that effect them

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The only issue I have with what Holding is saying is that he's extrapolating half an hour of watching him bat far too much. It's a sin to assume he always looks like this or that it's related specifically to his overall technique.

Burgey

Are they stockyards down at deep backward square? Wtf is that fencing? Looks like a goat pen or something.

/goats.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The only issue I have with what Holding is saying is that he's extrapolating half an hour of watching him bat far too much. It's a sin to assume he always looks like this or that it's related specifically to his overall technique.
I'd take odds that the first game of this series was the first look he's had at him in a test.

Have to say Oz batting first moves the game along, if nothing else. 42/0 off the first ten whilst not looking quite up to snuff.

Ruckus

International Captain
I'd take odds that the first game of this series was the first look he's had at him in a test.
Yeah I don't see how anyway who saw his hobart ton or 180 against India could say something as extreme as "he doesn't look like he has the makings of a test opener at all" or whatever Holding said. Fair enough to critique some aspects of his technique, but to say something that general given his career so far seems pretty suspicious.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Didn't say anything before when it was being discussed but FMD, I understand they have issues regarding Rampaul's match fitness (and they shouldn't be ignored when you consider what Rampaul's bowling was like before he improved his fitness levels..) but Roach bowls pies and Edwards looks short of a gallop as well anyway.

Spikey

i know runs have actually been scored, but this hour has been worst than the first hour in the first test

Mike5181

International Captain
Didn't say anything before when it was being discussed but FMD, I understand they have issues regarding Rampaul's match fitness (and they shouldn't be ignored when you consider what Rampaul's bowling was like before he improved his fitness levels..) but Roach bowls pies and Edwards looks short of a gallop as well anyway.
Jerome Taylor would be handy right about now.