• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imo the guy just doesn't have enough tricks up his sleeve to be effective against the best teams, sure he may learn in the future but when i saw Narine and him on the same pitch the other day the difference in class was massive, and Narine is younger than him!! :D , Swann always had star quality but just couldn't settle down in his younger days, i don't see Lyon reaching that level to be honest.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hey guys David Warner did GREAT in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE which was in INDIA. He scored 328 runs at an average of 109.33. THIS should MEAN he will score RUNS against WI because he this means he is great against SPIN.

Spark

Global Moderator
"That [Ponting run-out] hurt me," Watson said at Queen's Park Oval. "Unfortunately I've been involved in too many run-outs, which is not good enough, but this one especially really did affect me, so I made sure that I've given Ricky a few presents and provided him a number of things I could to try to cheer him up a little bit, because it did affect me a lot. I'll be doing everything I possibly can to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Did anyone else find this kind of amusing?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
You don't have to have a lot of unorthodox mystery about you to be a good spinner; orthodox methods have such broad appeal to bowlers because, funnily enough, they will work if you can execute them to elite standards.

I think if you can turn the ball a great deal and if you have an arm ball. You will be good.
Your ceiling as a player will be set by how canny you are.

That said I do think to average in the low twenties as a spinner it would be helpful to have a doosra (but it would not be impossible).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Did anyone else find this kind of amusing?
Nah just typical Watto NAG stuff. He's very self-aware about these things so he'll definitely be looking to improve that part of his game now. You don't become a robot cricketer by chance.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Make more posts like this and I'll stop calling you out on your infatuation with Stuart Broad.

To be fair to you though at least Stuart Broad is a real person.
Lol'd

Be disappointed if Patto doesn't get a run in this series, but doubt it's going to happen now barring a Harris injury :(

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
PEWS to kill Lance Gibbs
Nope; I agree with him really - as far as this tour goes anyway. Lyon's admitted himself that the jump from two and three day cricket with over restrictions to five day Tests, especially close together, has been very physically taxing on him and I think we've seen his action deteriorate at times as a result, especially in his follow through. If you watch this video you'll notice a significant difference in the amount of work in action compared with how he bowled in the first Test here; he's not really a long spell bowler yet.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
He was a star in county cricket in his earlier days which lead to his first call up when he was younger wasn't he? therefore i stand by my comment that he always had potential!! :blink: .
Quality of competition. England was dire in 1999/2000, and didn't exactly have a plethora of quality spinners for Swann to out-perform. Tufnell, Such, Croft and Giles are the only four I can think of, and they were all pretty mediocre.

Migara

International Coach
Quality of competition. England was dire in 1999/2000, and didn't exactly have a plethora of quality spinners for Swann to out-perform. Tufnell, Such, Croft and Giles are the only four I can think of, and they were all pretty mediocre.
The whole argument looks little out of place with Narine's performance today.