• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Let's deal with them in turn:

- If Swann is rated the best spinner in the world that's ok. It just means the world is ****ed.
- Any fans not applauding bugs me, but these self-righteous wankers expect their own players lauded yet don't extend the same courtesy to others, before bitching about crowds in other countries.
- Kallis is in the top echelon of cricketers in his generation, I rated him number 25 in my AT list I think.

Burgey

Mind you, I just flat out forgot Gilly and Hadlee, so that rightfully sees Kallis out of the list.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Let's deal with them in turn:

- Any fans not applauding bugs me, but these self-righteous wankers expect their own players lauded yet don't extend the same courtesy to others, before bitching about crowds in other countries.
AWTA.

I mean, How can fans of one country abuse Greats like Murali and Gavaskar (among many other players) and then bitch about crowds in other countries ?

Last edited:

Burgey

When was Gavaskar abused here? He wasn't at the crease long enough to be abused here ffs.

Burgey

Lol, 81 when he threatened to walk off after being given out lbw. How many runs did he score in those matches he played here when he wasn't facing a school boy attack (85-86)? Why context is important.

Why do you bring Ponting into it? I don't know why you think I give a **** about Ponting's record in India. Gavaskar's record in Australia is as hollow as the complaints of abuse from a mob who make monkey chants. Lillee could get him out with a tomato.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Lol, 81 when he threatened to walk off after being given out lbw. How many runs did he score in those matches he played here when he wasn't facing a school boy attack (85-86)? Why context is important.

Why do you bring Ponting into it? I don't know why you think I give a **** about Ponting's record in India. Gavaskar's record in Australia is as hollow as the complaints of abuse from a mob who make monkey chants. Lillee could get him out with a tomato.
I don't know how to respond to that tbh :laugh: and you're shifting the goalposts now.

And anyway i brought Ponting up because i thought your endless complaints about Indian fans not applauding was mainly because they didn't applaud Ponting a few times, most mainly in the WC QF.

Last edited:

Burgey

No, it's just the most recent and transparent manifestation of my well worn Indian Cricket Victim Complex theory.

Satguru

Banned
Yeah, i was at the ground for that QF, and i tried my best to applaud as hard as i could, but yeah indian crowds are terrible in that they abuse foreign players as much as australian crowds do, in some cases far worse, like the symonds monkey chants in vadodara, which is my hometown. I was at the ground in that game and it was pretty much my most embarassing experience ever... i felt ashamed to be a barodian that day :(
but when an opposition player scores a hundred, very few actually applaud him, which isnt the case in most other countries. In australia, atleast when tendulkar, laxman, etc score hundreds, they get really warm ovations.

Indian and in general, asian crowds are generally less appreciative than others, i agree with that completely. Its sad because it wasnt always the case, the 1999 chennai test being the prime example... how good was that? :cool:

Spark

Global Moderator
Were you there for the post-match when people booed him? Seriously, what the **** was that about?

Satguru

Banned
Were you there for the post-match when people booed him? Seriously, what the **** was that about?
Yeah i was... was pretty poor stuff from the crowd. In general, whenever the opposing captain goes up to talk in the presentation, its a natural reaction for many fools in the audience to boo him. Very childish indeed. It was just unfortunate that the amount of childish spectators like those was huge that day.

And lots of people in India honestly hate Ponting, god knows why... especially seeing as how warne was pretty poor in india as well, but is genuinely admired by the public. Its always remained a mystery to me why Ponting is disliked by so many people here

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
It's not such a mystery. Ponting is in general disliked everywhere. May be this has a part to play...

Crowds in general do poor things. Dhoni and all of Indian team got seriously booed for that appeal against Ian Bell last year, when only person who deserved booing was Bell himself.

The treatment that Symonds received was the most embarrassing. But if you think that everyone or even most rallied behind those fools, you are seriously misguided. There was strong criticism of that behaviour on all news channel for at least a couple of days in India

Genuine question - The abuse that Kohli was receiving on the last tour was different?

Last edited:

Burgey

It's not such a mystery. Ponting is in general disliked everywhere. May be this has a part to play...

Crowds in general do poor things. Dhoni and all of Indian team got seriously booed for that appeal against Ian Bell last year, when only person who deserved booing was Bell himself.

The treatment that Symonds received was the most embarrassing. But if you think that everyone or even most rallied behind those fools, you are seriously misguided. There was strong criticism of that behaviour on all news channel for at least a couple of days in India

Genuine question - The abuse that Kohli was receiving on the last tour was different?
Look, I don't know if this is a cultural thing or not, right? But Kohli got booed in Melbourne and Sydney, yes?

How did the crowd react to him when he made that hundred? Did they boo him?

No. Because even though he's a ****, the crowd appreciated his performance and applauded it.

Ponting giving the "out" signal was poor form. He should have walked up to the umpire and told him Ganguly(?) was out.

Half the crowd was directing that chant at Symonds. Have you seen the footage of it? Was an entire bloody stand or near enough.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No one here is trying to justify the booing (I hope).. They're just saying why the Indian crowd booed him. It's a **** reason, a horrible act from the Indian fans no doubt, but it is the reason.

Clarke will not get booed in India in an interview post-match I imagine.