• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

Jacknife

International Captain
Yea the problem with Shah for England was he was kinda mediocre at that level and he doesn't really contribute in the field or with the ball. Part of his mediocrity was that he was a stupidly slow starter. He seems to have improved a lot with that.
Yes he's got a lot of up side to his game but unfortunately plenty of down as well.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I prefer Warne-less Rajasthan to Sachin-less Mumbai. Loved the way Shah and Rahane went about the business. Also liked what little I saw of Menaria. That kid is talked about a bit.

mono

U19 Debutant
I prefer Warne-less Rajasthan to Sachin-less Mumbai. Loved the way Shah and Rahane went about the business. Also liked what little I saw of Menaria. That kid is talked about a bit.
Mumbai used to be my favorite team, but with harbajan as captain they look less than appealing.

mono

U19 Debutant
Mumbai should drop franklin. thisara perera is a much better option as an all-rounder. And gibbs is a better choice as an batsman.

Migara

International Coach
Hehe this looks rather silly now.
No it doesn't change the fact that Chandimal averages 40 in ODIs and Shah averages lot less than that. Chandimal would walk in to English ODI side as a batsman, never mind being the keeper batsman.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Mumbai should drop franklin. thisara perera is a much better option as an all-rounder. And gibbs is a better choice as an batsman.
Franklin's bowling really is shocking, eh?

No it doesn't change the fact that Chandimal averages 40 in ODIs and Shah averages lot less than that. Chandimal would walk in to English ODI side as a batsman, never mind being the keeper batsman.
ODIs don't matter in IPL. It is about T20 records and Shah's is as good as Chandimal's.

mono

U19 Debutant
ODIs don't matter in IPL. It is about T20 records and Shah's is as good as Chandimal's.
I would have picked both of them. RR are short of real batsmen. Cooper & Botha are ok with the bat but I wouldn't bank on them to hold the middle order together.

Chandimal has shown a lot more promise & results than shah at the international level, but shah's experience gives him the edge. IMHO, Chandimal would not have have been able tackle yesterday's situation as well as Shah.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
All of what you said is true, yet that doesn't change the fact that your comment looked silly.

His ODI record is pretty irrelevant though.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh @ whinging Kohli getting a dot ball re-bowled.

Bizarre whatever happened. I guess they're not going to show it again.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
'Could have got 220 if Gayle had stayed in'

Could have got 250 if Kohli had gotten out. Bloody awful innings so far.