• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Well played ye crims, a terrific victory and one that is hard to begrudge them after Clarke's aggressive little declaration and coming back from conceding a lot of runs in the first innings.

Sheesh, Hussey knows how to play. A great knock under the circs.

As for the Windies, I really hope they can kick on. They're obviously capable of playing well, but they need to learn to win.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Roach's spell at the end there was pretty encouraging from a WI POV. Real pace and some late movement. Didn't have a lot of luck.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Clarke turning out to be a very impressive captain so far, actually. Funny to look at how many people didn't want him as captain a while ago, was a lot of talk about him being softer than the men preceding him, which always seemed a bit silly tbh. I guess it wasn't helped by him being in terrible form tbf, but certainly dispelling any doubts about him so far.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, infinitely better captain than Ponting ever was.

I still think Ponting was only kept on for so long because Oz needed his runs and Australian captains didn't play on after they handed back the armband. Now Ponting does and one wonders why the change didn't happen two or three years back.

Burgey

Yeah, infinitely better captain than Ponting ever was.

I still think Ponting was only kept on for so long because Oz needed his runs and Australian captains didn't play on after they handed back the armband. Now Ponting does and one wonders why the change didn't happen two or three years back.
Good time to take over the captaincy too. Prime batting years personally and a team with not too many players as experienced or as highly regarded as him (including by themselves).

Spikey

Clarke turning out to be a very impressive captain so far, actually. Funny to look at how many people didn't want him as captain a while ago, was a lot of talk about him being softer than the men preceding him, which always seemed a bit silly tbh.
I'm just gonna call bull-**** on this, mainly because many of the people who didn't want him as captain didn't want him to be for very stupid, petty reasons. There's a few who had legitimate cricket reasons, but many of them were just like "oh waaaaaaa he's a tattooed metro lady man"

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats Aussies, top game. Brilliant from Clarke with the declaration, I've always wanted captains to declare behind occasionally when the game is petering out (here 3 years ago a good example coincidently).

Is seriously dark there I reckon. We generally bring it home in the dark in Barbados though
Shame you couldn't in the light 2 years ago :ph34r:

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
The reception for Clarke has changed dramatically in the last year. IIRC he was booed at the SCG in the Ashes, 15 months later he's your best bat again and is recognised as an excellent captain.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm just gonna call bull-**** on this, mainly because many of the people who didn't want him as captain didn't want him to be for very stupid, petty reasons. There's a few who had legitimate cricket reasons, but many of them were just like "oh waaaaaaa he's a tattooed metro lady man"
They might have had stupid reasons but there were still plenty of people against his appointment.

Burgey

Congrats Aussies, top game. Brilliant from Clarke with the declaration, I've always wanted captains to declare behind occasionally when the game is petering out (here 3 years ago a good example coincidently).

Shame you couldn't in the light 2 years ago :ph34r:
?