• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

ajdude

International Coach
lawson seriously looks like a picasso painting, it could be a mixture of the glasses and that wrinkle just under his eyebrows that goes horizontally across his head

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
62 is the word on cricinfo.

So, 192 from 62 on a fifth day deck. All results still possible!
Thing is though (virtually) every day has finished early. Going by that half a dozen or so overs will be lost and a few more if West Indies bowl their overs a bit slower.

Scaly piscine

Looks as if rain might - they can't add overs on the final day, can they?

I mean, make up the time for any overs lost.
Can't add on extra overs, just play longer for an extra hour for rain to get the overs in, not including the normal extra half an hour because the overs are bowled slowly. But as I say the light will almost certainly end things early so it will be moot.

stumpski

International Captain
Wade to open with Warner perhaps?

It could be horribly reminiscient of that 1990 Test when England were the chasing side.

stumpski

International Captain
Let's assume we could get four hours' cricket from this point (minus the tea interval); West Indies won't be bowling more than about 13 an hour ... I don't think Australia will get more than about 45 overs, even if they get back out there very soon.

social

Let's assume we could get four hours' cricket from this point (minus the tea interval); West Indies won't be bowling more than about 13 an hour ... I don't think Australia will get more than about 45 overs, even if they get back out there very soon.
Warner could knock them off himself in 30 overs!

First few overs will tell a lot

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I wonder how the hell a 63 overs can still be bowled when the rain has cut into the resumption? :whistling the teams came off for lunch at 1:15, so add forty minuets for lunch that means they should have been out by 1:55 , it's now 2:35 which means forty minuets have been lost in the game, so can someone tell me how the hell overs haven't been lost? 8-)

As someone said though the light should come into play soon enough, i'd go hard at them for ten overs and then see what the landscape is like, if we're leaking runs then shut up shop and go defensive.

stumpski

International Captain
I wonder how the hell a 63 overs can still be bowled when the rain has cut into the resumption? :whistling the teams came off for lunch at 1:15, so add forty minuets for lunch that means they should have been out by 1:55 , it's now 2:35 which means forty minuets have been lost in the game, so can someone tell me how the hell overs haven't been lost? 8-)

See Scaly's post above - no overs have been lost, because they could, in theory, play an extra hour. That is unlikely though as we all agree. Overs would only have been deducted if more than an hour had been lost.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hang on I have sky player on my phone. Is his **** on sky sports or what FFS how many times do I have to ask?

Could always look myself but I don't see how that's relevant

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Cowan's tearing it up, isn't he. :huh:

Surely Watson would have been a better bet to open in this situation.

Jacknife

International Captain
Cowan's tearing it up, isn't he. :huh:

Surely Watson would have been a better bet to open in this situation.
Yes I was thinking the same, Aus don't need to do anything flash they just need 3rpo, the main thing is don't get too tied down and just put away the bad balls.