• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If Brownlie is back he'll play for NZ not Canterbury I'd wager. The finger will be either good to go or no good at all.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
McClenaghan 7/15. Crickey.

I've looked at most of his wicket on the video highlights and not seen anything startling. In fact I even posted earlier in this thread that his 6-for in the Plunket Shield v Otago was not of the highest quality. But he is keeping on getting wickets this year .....

Mixmasterreece

U19 Debutant
McClenaghan 7/15. Crickey.

I've looked at most of his wicket on the video highlights and not seen anything startling. In fact I even posted earlier in this thread that his 6-for in the Plunket Shield v Otago was not of the highest quality. But he is keeping on getting wickets this year .....
What's his pace like at the moment?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Great to see Mitchy in the wickets heavily again. People might not get a real feel of how hard it can be for players to go through surgery, constant injuries etc but he really had to battle himself back. Trimmed down a bit, got really fit and is reaping the rewards.

Flynn could be a red-hot chance of playing in this series if he gets runs. John Wright adores him.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
He finishes with 8/23. Brilliant effort.

I had a look at few more video highlights. His 5-for in the Ford Trophy v ND is impressive, good inswingers trapping batsmen LBW. His Ford Trophy 6-for v Wellington is "harder to read much into",

In Plunket Shield. Only 1 of the 3 Auckland games since he has returned has video uploaded. That is the match v Otago where had a 6-for in the first innings (of which only 5 wickets are uploaded - and of these 3 were either bad batting, comedy batting, or comedy umpiring). He had 2 proper wickets in the second innings.

What I do notice in the video clips when he his bowling towards the camera; is how close he gets to the umpire yet with quite a front on action. This would help him to get LBWs when he does straighten the ball to the righthanders as he isn't angling it accross as much as most left-armers do and he is pitching it inline. He definitely can straighten the ball to the righthanders.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
First Dravid, now this

Former Black Cap Ingram retires from cricket | Stuff.co.nz

What a sad day for international cricket with two of the greats bowing out.......

The king is dead. Long live the king.
I'm going to ignore your sarcasm and awta.

Best domestic opener of the past decade, bar none. No matter how ugly his technique was, no one can deny he smoked every bowler on the domestic scene, including bowlers who played in the Hobart test. Was swept out of the test side after his first failure because our selectors wanted to pretend he wasn't the best opener in the country.