• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Sparkley

Banned
Dont think so. He bowls way too slow and doesnt have an outswinger. If his batting was better we could have used him in place of Jadeja but he bats well once in a blue moon.
Irfan is miles better than Jadeja. The latter is essentially a bits and pieces cricketer who's not good enough at either discipline.

shankar

International Debutant
Jadeja, although a decent batsman is a misfit for the position he bats at. Irfan is perfect to bat at that position. But the problem is his bowling is quite ordinary. It wouldn't matter much if he could bowl in the middle period of the inning. But swing being his only weapon, he bowls a major part of his spell with the new ball and wastes it by being totally innocuous.

Migara

International Coach
For India they have to bat Jadeja up the order. Let him settle to a Sanga esque position in ODIs, steady and scoring heavily, nothing flash in the pan type of play. He looks to have a way better technique than guys like Rohit Sharma. My take is that he should bat at #3. Something like Gambhir, Tendulkar, Jadeja, Kohli, Dhoni, Raina, Irfan, Ashwin and three pace men to follow. India would dearly like a Mathews in their line up though.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
For India they have to bat Jadeja up the order. Let him settle to a Sanga esque position in ODIs, steady and scoring heavily, nothing flash in the pan type of play. He looks to have a way better technique than guys like Rohit Sharma. My take is that he should bat at #3. Something like Gambhir, Tendulkar, Jadeja, Kohli, Dhoni, Raina, Irfan, Ashwin and three pace men to follow. India would dearly like a Mathews in their line up though.
Which team wouldn't?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"I thought the press conference was one of the most self-indulgent little pieces of self-interest I've seen for a long time," Lawson said.

"I listened very intently to it and there was a lot of 'I' ... 'I this' and 'I' that' and 'how I'm good for the team' and I'm really annoyed by it.

"I just thought it was incredibly self-indulgent."

Geoff Lawson everybody

:ph34r:

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Geoff Lawson's a **** anyway, disregard everything he says.

It was a polish press conference, humbled and showed more grace than Lawson ever would.

TNT

Banned
"I thought the press conference was one of the most self-indulgent little pieces of self-interest I've seen for a long time," Lawson said.

"I listened very intently to it and there was a lot of 'I' ... 'I this' and 'I' that' and 'how I'm good for the team' and I'm really annoyed by it.

"I just thought it was incredibly self-indulgent."

Geoff Lawson everybody

:ph34r:
Lawson is sick of self indulgent cricketers and would like to see more role models like Salman Butt.

LONDON: Geoff Lawson, the former Pakistan coach, came to the defence of Salman Butt on Wednesday, telling a court that the former Pakistan captain is an “honest and trustworthy” role model for the sport.

You are the village idiot Lawson.

Lostman

State Captain
Nice to see SL winning
Got two consecutive wins after a while, hope to see a 3 game win streak:)

Would like to see Senanayake in the XI, but Herath and all the fast bowlers have been good, so might not see any changes for the next game.

Spark

Global Moderator
sachin releases a statement in which lambasts dhoni's dysfunctional leadership, saying that "for too long, Kevin RuddMS Dhoni has been putting his own self-interest ahead of the interests of the broader labour movementIndian cricket team and the country as a whole, and that needs to stop"

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Honestly, Jadeja is even more a waste of space than you can imagine. He's no bowling all-rounder- he has taken a single, solitary wicket in five games, and his economy has been higher than that of some pacers. The captain had to take him out of an entire innings just because there were too many left-handers in a batting side- one more piece of evidence that Jadeja needs a lot of protection. Some bowling all-rounder he is. No wonder India struggle to bowl teams out in fifty overs. They're better off playing a proper spinner who takes wickets (if Mishra wasn't handled so horribly, he would fit the bill) and make the bowling competitive.

If this waste of space is carried on purely to make use of his batting, he's actually worse than Sharma and Raina, whom you want to throw out. He's not even up to the all-rounder mark- rather, this is the minimum you'd expect from a frontline bowler, and an element for selecting your top bowlers. We've seen Ashwin shy away from the all-rounder tag, and why not, since we'd like five Ashwins in the bottom five instead of this Jadeja and four non-batsmen. Ashwin is a better option. Irfan is a better option. Praveen is a better option. Either of Mishra or Vinay is a slightly better option. Fit in Zaheer or Ishant or Umesh and you have a strong attack.

India still don't try to take ten wickets, which seems very unlikely with this bowling combination. While rotating the openers is a decent if questionable idea, there's room for rotation of all-rounders. Jadeja is a very poor choice being a poor bowler, and we'd like to have blokes who are bowlers first and foremost- fair, it takes out Yusuf Pathan, but we'd like their ten wickets down often.

uvelocity

International Coach
I like Chawla. Don't follow the Indian team, but not sure what he did wrong. Looked a good cricketer when I've seen him.

Don't know if Yadav has the ODI game down pat, but moreso don't think he has been used well. Should open and bowl most of his overs before the 20th.

Jadeja is definitely a waste of space. Ashwin should play every game. Would have Irfan in there every time too. Sehwag and Tendulkar should go.

Won't be sad to see India miss the finals.

uvelocity

International Coach
uvelocity XI

Warner Watson Wade Clarke Dhuss Mhuss Christian MMarsh Lee Hilf Doherty

Forrest gets his tick and goes to WI but doesn't make my best team.