• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's still cricket though isn't it? I dunno every time I see more of Warner's defensive game, I feel less and less certain about whether he is going to be the real deal. I'm hoping it's just a mindset thing born out of a format he clearly hasn't adapted to yet, but yeah nevertheless it doesn't fill me with confidence...
Warner's game is built all on boundaries. It's fine for T20, it's fine for Tests. Not so for ODI's.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Quite right to tell Hussey to *** off standing his ground after an edge as obvious as that. Fair play to him.
Nah; only standing your ground when it's really close is infinitely worse than never walking at all. I've seen bigger edges than that missed by umpires; it was fair enough.

Now that I've bitten will you stop laying out that same bait?

Ruckus

International Captain
Warner's game is built all on boundaries. It's fine for T20, it's fine for Tests. Not so for ODI's.
Well that's the thing isn't it? His success atm in tests stands on if his attacking game can compensate for his poor defensive one. He has already showed a glimpse of what he might be like as a player in the 180 odd he scored against India, but I'm not sure he will be able to be consistent enough doing that and playing so aggressively all of the time (don't get me wrong, it would be bloody amazing he can, but it's a tough ask really). His century against NZ was more the kind of balanced innings I'd like to see him play more often, but it's undeniable he was a little lucky in that innings - there were a lot of bottom edges that just missed the stumps etc. That really seems to be the area he struggles a bit, against straighter balls. He loses his balance or something, I'm not really sure...but there were a good few times even today against Malinga's yorkers where he was incredibly lucky not to be bowled.

ajdude

International Coach
Yeah, that's Gambhir. If it was Sehwag, you'd be seeing some love handles.
the ears were also an indictation

hahaha if the picture is zoomed in and cut off at the bottom of their hands, it looks like they're going for a homo walk in the park and patto's giving some paparazzi a staredown

Last edited: