• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

egalite2k6

Cricket Spectator
Finn has bowled brilliantly....he bowled well in the practice match. What a comeback after carrying drinks throughout the tests.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I have to agree with the guy on cricinfo that bowing these two in tandem is giving Pakistan a way back into the game. At least one of our bowlers should be a genuine wicket-taking threat. If Finn is knackered, let Anderson bowl the rest of his overs now.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You could argue that Cook would be the ideal partner for someone like Buttler because of his ability to rotate the strike.
Nah. You want someone who can still hit the bad balls for 4/6 even if they are looking to giving the strike to Buttler.

I'd hope once Stokes is fit again he'll come in at 4 (not 6, which is a horrible position to put top order batsmen in for ODIs). Stokes at 4, Morgan 5, Buttler 6 and Fatel at 7 should be able to convert platforms a lot better than the side has in the past couple of years. KP can bugger off as far as I'm concerned.

ganeshran

International Debutant
I guess Cook wants to get the 5th bowler quota out of the way while these two under are pressure. Could backfire if the batsmen get set.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I have to agree with the guy on cricinfo that bowing these two in tandem is giving Pakistan a way back into the game. At least one of our bowlers should be a genuine wicket-taking threat. If Finn is knackered, let Anderson bowl the rest of his overs now.
Yeah; Anderson probably won't be much use later on anyway. Might as well bowl him now.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fatel is an attacking ODI spinner though, regardless of the wicket he's just taken, albeit his record isn't that great so far. Bopara is an attacking medium pacer as well, he's just not very good so it doesn't come off very often at this level.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Fatel is an attacking ODI spinner though, regardless of the wicket he's just taken, albeit his record isn't that great so far. Bopara is an attacking medium pacer as well, he's just not very good so it doesn't come off very often at this level.
They're not on as attacking options though. Sure they might not be restrictive type bowlers but they're bowling purely to get their quota of overs in; they're obviously far less likely to strike than any of the other bowlers right now, even given the fact that Patel just took a wicket.

I don't mind one of them on, but both in tandem was a bit ekh for me.