• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No ****.

I'm sure India would have liked to be gifted 8 runs out of thin air, but cricket doesn't work like that.
In D/L 8 runs at a given point roughly equates to about one wicket, which is why I said I added another 8 runs and 1 wickets. You bat more aggressively then you take more risks and score more runs. You also make your team a virtual certainty to win, instead of warm favourite. Your logic belongs in a Suarez denier thread.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
In D/L 8 runs at a given point roughly equates to about one wicket, which is why I said I added another 8 runs and 1 wickets. You bat more aggressively then you take more risks and score more runs. You also make your team a virtual certainty to win, instead of warm favourite. Your logic belongs in a Suarez denier thread.
So if India took more risks they would have been a virtual certainty to win? Sorry, I live it the world where things happened, not where things could have happened.

Dhoni get's an extra single off the the 39th over. A different batsman faces the next ball, things start happening differently. Raina gets bowled off a ball that Dhoni got a single off in this reality. Jadeja comes to the wicket and edges behind first ball. In the 44th over. with 36 runs needed off 37, Dhoni gets an absolute peach of a delivery and is bowled. India end up getting bowled out for 261 in the 47th over.

See, I can play this game too, and look I got different results.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So if India took more risks they would have been a virtual certainty to win? Sorry, I live it the world where things happened, not where things could have happened.

Dhoni get's an extra single off the the 39th over. A different batsman faces the next ball, things start happening differently. Raina gets bowled off a ball that Dhoni got a single off in this reality. Jadeja comes to the wicket and edges behind first ball. In the 44th over. with 36 runs needed off 37, Dhoni gets an absolute peach of a delivery and is bowled. India end up getting bowled out for 261 in the 47th over.

See, I can play this game too, and look I got different results.
Again with the Suarez denier logic.

If Jadeja had come out and scored 6 off 8 instead of 12 off 8 (the latter was actually a useful little knock, it's easy to end up with a SR of 100 or less off a few balls and you're not set) then India would have been in even bigger trouble. The batsmen at the other end did a good job in keeping India in the game while Dhoni fannied about. Dhoni had a lot of scope to play a little more aggressively at various stages without needing to play recklessly.

abmk

State 12th Man
Indeed. As Cevno has pointed out, this is not actually how Dhoni usually plays. A slow start is fine but he does generally accelerate once set.

I mean, have a look at the WC final knock for an example. That is a beautiful example of a paced ODI innings.
This ........

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** sake. Keep reading posts and thinking 'hmmmm, I don't remember saying that' then realise it's some other ****.