• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Nice to see cricinfo's commentary on form.

As Sidharth Monga mentioned in his preview yesterday, Rohit Sharma has a right to the XI and should not be accommodated at the expense of one of the top three.
Shastri, when told of the possibility that Tendulkar may not play: "It's a joke, an absolute joke. Then what is he doing here? Tell me. You bring him to Australia, to play your best XI. The why didn't they "rest" one of the seniors in the final Test and take Rohit Sharma? " Shastri is fuming.
And Shastri's back to his usual impotent irrelevant rage. Doesn't complain when young player gets rested, when the possibility of the oldest man in team been rested> instant mad.

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Why are they resting Sachin? That too against Australia? Sehwag in Australia = fail. He's **** in ODI's when played in Australia. Giving Rohit Sharma too much importance here, dude had two really good series, but it has to be said that they were both against West Indies. Don't get this whole "we want Sharma to play the whole series" crap.

So wait, you don't play your fastest bowler at the WACA but you bring him in on the flattest pitch of em all? :laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow just read what Ravi Shastri said re: Tendulkar resting. He compared resting a senior here to the Adelaide test, bitching about why they didn't rest a senior there.

**** OFF RAVI YOU DUMB ****

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Because the people replacing him aren't all that great in Australian conditions. Why is Sehwag playing anyways? What is his average in ODI's in Aus? 15-20 or something?

Read this morning that the 5 ODI's we have won in Australia have had Saching playing a significant role in them. Doesn't get any more obvious than that.

I also don't understand why we're not playing Pathan, seriously wtf

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They are ROTATING.

How hard is that to understand? It would be hypocritical to say you're rotating the openers and then only rest Sehwag and Gambhir.

Also they are playing in Adelaide ffs. Not Perth or Brisbane.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Why shouldn't they rest Sachin? All 3 of the openers are rotating.
That openers rotating **** is all a nonsense facade to hide not wanting to make a decision.

Why not start rotating the middle order too, and bring in Tiwary for Raina, rotate all rounder and bring in Pathan for Jadeja etc..

TumTum

Banned
Nice to see cricinfo's commentary on form.

And Shastri's back to his usual impotent irrelevant rage. Doesn't complain when young player gets rested, when the possibility of the oldest man in team been rested> instant mad.
:laugh:

"Then what is he doing here? Tell me."

Playing cricket Shastri.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I don't care about that rotating crap, if you wanna rotate then rotate between GG and Viru, how in the world do u not play Sachin against Australia? Seriously.

If we happen to make the final, are they seriously gonna rotate openers then?

"sorry Gambhir, we know you scored some 80 odd runs in the last innings, but we're 'rotating', you'll have to miss out in the first final"

haha give me a break.

TumTum

Banned
That openers rotating **** is all a nonsense facade to hide not wanting to make a decision.
Isn't that a better way of managing things than having to make a tough decision which will most likely result in the whole country up in arms?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was worried when I saw Forrest 4 Clarke 5. So I don't mind changing the order around. But I would have moved Warner down instead of Wade

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Why not start rotating the middle order too, and bring in Tiwary for Raina, rotate all rounder and bring in Pathan for Jadeja etc..
Yeah I don't care about that rotating crap, if you wanna rotate then rotate between GG and Viru, how in the world do u not play Sachin against Australia? Seriously.

If we happen to make the final, are they seriously gonna rotate openers then?

"sorry Gambhir, we know you scored some 80 odd runs in the last innings, but we're 'rotating', you'll have to miss out in the first final"

haha give me a break.
Are you blokes taking the piss?

India have come out and said they're rotating Gambhir, Sachin and Sehwag because they've all played plenty of cricket in Australia, and they want to make sure that Raina, Sharma and Kohli play enough cricket in Australia since the next World Cup is going to be here.

Do you really think Sachin needs more practice here?

And obviously they won't rotate in the final for Christ's sake. Strawman rubbish.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I thought India would play their strongest XI today, as I think even just one win against Australia will go a long way to getting them into the final.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
And I'll say it again, the rotating strategy is CRAP. Top priority is to get into the final, and you don't do that by leaving out one of your best players. 1 or 2 innings in Australia 4 years before the WC isn't gonna make any difference. Not to mention the fact that Rohit Sharma has already played in Australia, Raina I can understand, but really rotating openers to keep Sharma in is stupid.

Also did I miss something? Why is Ponting opening?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Isn't that a better way of managing things than having to make a tough decision which will most likely result in the whole country up in arms?
Doubt dropping Sehwag or Raina or even Gambhir will result in the whole country up in arms.

It's not like Sachin doesn't make the strongest line up. Otherwise shouldn't have picked him in the first place.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
my only real problem with sachin being rested is that they didn't tell us until the toss.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Vinay Kumar to Ponting, 1 leg bye, swings it back in a bit late and he softly clips it to the on side
Not entirely sure if Cricinfo knows what a leg bye is any more.

Tends not to involve the bat.