• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

TumTum

Banned
Sure, but I'm just wondering why you would question my post when you know the Tendulkar-Records issue all too well... my guess is just to troll around pointing out other irrelevant examples.

Anyways I'm really excited about this next match. 2 SC teams battling it out on a fast and bouncy pitch, whilst the Aussies just get to sit back and enjoy the show :p

DingDong

State Captain
Sure, but I'm just wondering why you would question my post when you know the Tendulkar-Records issue all too well... my guess is just to troll around pointing out other irrelevant examples.

Anyways I'm really excited about this next match. 2 SC teams battling it out on a fast and bouncy pitch, whilst the Aussies just get to sit back and enjoy the show :p
i don't know any clear example of a player's selfishness getting in the way of a test match win other than ponting's example

there is no tendulkar-records issue unlike u i think it's natural for a player to slow down when nearing a century

that is all. just move on

Julian87

State Captain
Any chance of Maharoof playing today?

Reckon Sri Lanka's tail is way too long for 50 over cricket if Perera is at 7 and Kulasekera at 8.

thewind

Cricket Spectator
No doubt Tendulkar deserves to be in the side, he is a great player, as you said no one can replace him. But it's obvious he plays for records, there is just countless examples that have happened in his career which show this. Not much wrong with that of course, it makes you more determined to perform, but just saying it's there.
Hello Mate,

Of course everyone, in all sports is about records I suppose. What I was refereing to was some 'stupid' comments on cricinfo about his 100th 100.

Well dude, I'm new on here, so how do you see the game going tomorrow?

TumTum

Banned
Hello Mate,

Of course everyone, in all sports is about records I suppose. What I was refereing to was some 'stupid' comments on cricinfo about his 100th 100.

Well dude, I'm new on here, so how do you see the game going tomorrow?
Haha no problem. India obviously have the advantage, but SL did well here last year unprepared. My guess is India will win. They key will be how SL bowl, because they used the conditions extremely well last year.

thewind

Cricket Spectator
Welcome the wind.
Thank you.

I can't see this happening but I believe the 11 below could be very good for India going forward in this CB series. I would say rotate Jadega, and blend in Raul Sharma.

Gambhir fights for his place with Sehwag. So therfore Sehwag needs to deliver!

Raina needs to get out of 20/20 mode!

My 11 for tomorrow are 1.) Sehwag, 2.) Tendulkar, 3.) Kohli, 4.) Rohit Sharma, 5.) M Tiwary, 6.) Dhoni (w/c), 7.) I Pathan, 8.) Ahswin, 9.) Vinay Kumar , 10.) Z Khan., 11.) U Yadav.

Any opinions?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Not too sure about Pathan. Hasn't been in the side for a long time. His bowling might be useful but can't really say the same about his batting.

Spark

Global Moderator
India have said they're going to rotate their three openers so they give Rohit, Kohli etc maximum exposure to Australian conditions.

A good move IMO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
everybody does that though there's nothing selfish about it unless its the last few overs or something
That's my point Ding Dong. Everyone plays for records in one way or another (well maybe not Gilly, Warner and Sehwag as much as others). To single out Sachin is a bit silly.

Spark

Global Moderator
I have no idea why it's so bad that he desperately wants a hundred. Isn't that a good thing ffs?

thewind

Cricket Spectator
Not too sure about Pathan. Hasn't been in the side for a long time. His bowling might be useful but can't really say the same about his batting.
I agree he's been out of the side for some time, but do you recall, he once opened the batting in a test match. Point is that he has ability and he is now looking in really good condition, he has lost weight and I believe he should be given the rest of this series prove his worth. I saw him return after a while as you rightly say against West Indies in the recent ODI's. I felt he looked good, given the opportunity.

thewind

Cricket Spectator
India have said they're going to rotate their three openers so they give Rohit, Kohli etc maximum exposure to Australian conditions.

A good move IMO.
Yes I agree. Not just that though, it also allows (in the future) to blend in other potential openers such as Rahane.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah it isn't the most interesting debate, but that being said it is a good way to try and dislodge the halo that is often placed above Tendulkar's head. I definately think Tendulkar plays for 100's and records, but I also think every other elite player does as well. What irritates me is when Tendulkar acts a bit sanctimonious and tries to pretend he doesn't pay attention to them at all.
What? Players play the straight bat and say cliches when answering questions all the time.

Every player who performs well in a match will not talk about how good their performance is (barring some crazy egomaniac players, or players that are just honest every time) and talk about how disappointed they are as a team.

Same with Sachin talking about how the team is important and not his records. He cares about his records, but why does he have to tell us he cares about his records? It'll just fuel the fire.

Got nothing to do with a halo. No one accuses Ponting for going for records either, or Dravid etc. They don't need to come out and admit that they go for records, because who cares?

Spark

Global Moderator
Actually really looking forward to today's game for some reason. Mostly because I can watch Mahela/Sanga/Tendulkar/Rohit bat without any bias getting in the way.